NinjahGoose

NinjahGoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
Agree 100%. The new rear axle is a godsend, and hopefully, the gladiator gets it. Regardless of whether it is a 4XE variant or not.

Perhaps they've figured out how to mount the battery on the back of the cab without taking up too much space. Time will tell.
Very true. We will see how it goes. They will have to offer a more powerful version now, there's just no way around it. The Tacoma now has a powerful hybrid option and Ford is putting the 2.7L and 3.0 in the new Ranger. The last time they got pushed by Ford in the SUV market Jeep came out with the 392 Wrangler, competition is good!
Sponsored

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Are there service intervals for the steering components that I should follow if/when the time comes?
I mean there is a certain lifetime on components but like everything, luck, wear and environment all play a role.
Remember someone that bought a Rubicon and one of the fox shox was leaking on delivery.
So just keep an eye on it and once in a while get under there and torque the bolts and take a pry bar and check the bushings.
Smart to check them anyway as from factory I had loose bolts and loose fuses.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
With the similar power rating of the Stellantis 3.6 to the Toyota 4.0 a move to the current JT would be more of a lateral move. Jim Morrison is on record saying all Jeeps will have an electrified option by 2025, so the 4xe is coming to the Gladiator.

I've thought about a half ton but I just don't need a vehicle that large. Maneuvering around town and parallel parking would be a pain. Plus, I want to be able to park in the garage, loading a toddler up while it's raining sucks ass. 3000# should be well within the wheelhouse of any mid-size truck, given it has enough power.
He could go out and say that they’re cancelling it tomorrow, delaying the release, moving it up, decreasing the towing rating, etc. If you’re not in a rush…it doesn’t really matter though.

On the power…yes…that would be my point. It’s adequate, but nothing to write home about. If you’re not happy with your 4Runner in the power department, not sure why you’d be happy with this.

My last truck was a “1/2 ton.” There’s a lot about the JT that I prefer. Definitely an individual preference thing though.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
the article you linked about motortrend's towing experience sounds like they had the tongue weight too low. they openly admitted they had not problems towing with a gladiator the prior year.
Motortrend said:
We would strongly recommend anyone planning to tow a larger trailer with a Gladiator invest in a weight-distributing hitch.
Personally i think a weight distribution hitch should be used on every tow, but i generally have an engineer's mindset that if you want something to hold 50lbs you should build it to hold 100.

OP
OP
NinjahGoose

NinjahGoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
the article you linked about motortrend's towing experience sounds like they had the tongue weight too low. they openly admitted they had not problems towing with a gladiator the prior year.

Personally i think a weight distribution hitch should be used on every tow, but i generally have an engineer's mindset that if you want something to hold 50lbs you should build it to hold 100.
I hear you and generally would agree wit you. Most light load boat trailers have long tongues which are not accommodating to WDH’s. I think the longer wheelbase and extra power of the 4xe should make all the difference for a 3000lb load.

wader303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Agree 100%. The new rear axle is a godsend, and hopefully, the gladiator gets it. Regardless of whether it is a 4XE variant or not.

Perhaps they've figured out how to mount the battery on the back of the cab without taking up too much space. Time will tell.
In the Wrangler 4xe the battery is under the back seat.
Sponsored