Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
Hi,

How is everyone powering electronics? I am a little nervous about using the vehicle battery for a couple of reasons.
  1. I don't have the in-bed power option.
  2. Nervous to eat my battery.
  3. Lack of electrical knowledge, I don't want to burn my vehicle down.
My thought would be to purchase a Goal-Zero or Jackery battery bank along with a solar panel - has anyone used this method? How does it work?
Most of our trips are a few days (Fri-Sun/Mon) so I don't need to power a week or two or three worth of electronics.
Sponsored

JfishKing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 JKU Sahara
Hi,

How is everyone powering electronics? I am a little nervous about using the vehicle battery for a couple of reasons.
  1. I don't have the in-bed power option.
  2. Nervous to eat my battery.
  3. Lack of electrical knowledge, I don't want to burn my vehicle down.
My thought would be to purchase a Goal-Zero or Jackery battery bank along with a solar panel - has anyone used this method? How does it work?
Most of our trips are a few days (Fri-Sun/Mon) so I don't need to power a week or two or three worth of electronics.

I dont have my gladiator yet, still waiting for them to build it, but i pretty much got everything except the locakble storage/truck bed outlet.... i came across the following video, and it looks like a pretty simple installation and a great option if you can get comfortable using your trucks battery... supposidly once the fridges get cold they barely pull any amperage ??? and can be run for days i think without killing a battery that isnt being used etc. prob much cheaper than doign the battery bank/solar setup, esp ifonly for a few days.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Buy the way the linked U-tube video he's on JT forum too.
I've had a fridge freezer in mine for about 8 months running when vehicle is running through a outlet I installed in back of console. It is hooked to the 5th wire of Aux switch wiring the (un-switched) wire.
When I get the chance and motivation to finish running wiring and few other things. Mine will be powered by a "house" battery not the starting one.

OP
OP
NHyde

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
Thanks, I did watch Skechy's video, I may end up doing that and just ensure I bring a jump starter with me in the event I cook the battery.
Sponsored