Sponsored

Preparing to sell my Gladiator, need opinions...

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
I have never purchased a vehicle in FL, the dealers are just not hungry.

When I purchased my '21 gladiator, I sold my used vehicle outright for about $4k more than they were offering on trade and I purchased the Gladiator for about $6K less then their "best price"

I have purchased vehicles from Texas, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Tennessee, just to name a few.

Dealers are nothing more than a necessary evil to get warranty work done.
Was that during the crazy covid pricing where they would give you $100k for a snickers bar? Different times now. Again, it sounds like this isn't your first rodeo yet you asked for opinions, I simply gave mine.
Sponsored

OP
OP

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Was that during the crazy covid pricing where they would give you $100k for a snickers bar? Different times now. Again, it sounds like this isn't your first rodeo yet you asked for opinions, I simply gave mine.
I appreciate all of the opinions... Definitely not my 1st rodeo, but my 1st time selling a jeep with some mods, so I didn't know the Jeep protocol :)

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
In the last couple of decades, I have been trading my vehicles in due to the relationship I have with my dealer and the sales tax credit on the next new one purchased.

At the price point of today's newer vehicle (up to 5 years old), it seems to be getting tougher to find a buyer when selling privately. Most will need to go to their bank and qualify for a (ex. 35k-50k) loan and so forth. Some don't want to go through that process and will just have the dealer do it.

It seems that convenience is the name of the game these days. Just like the "car vending machine" trend now.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I had recently been thinking going back to Ram 1500. But the dealerships just don't want to come off the price of the trucks to where I would want to be at. They might be giving rebates, etc but the prices are still jacked up. They did say they would have no problem selling my JT with the few nice upgrades I did to it. But they were not willing to give me anything for them and pretty much wanted to lowball me on the trade in or purchase. So I bought my wife some comfortable seat pads and hope that works
Sponsored