carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
cocksman
hey guys
so can you guys tell me from your experience what one is better?
if any
thanks in advance
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Tazer costs the most and does the most. You need to figure what you need and want.

Because Tazer stays plugged in, it can do "live" functions that other software can not.

It can do the things listed below. These can only be done by the Tazer. At least until someone else comes up with a dongle that stays plugged in.

Jscan with an inexpensive dongle can cost less than $100.

Live Functions:
– AutoStopStart disable – remembers last state of the auto stop start system and will set it for
you the next time you start the vehicle
- Keep garage door opener active after you shut off the Jeep.
– AutoTracKill – remembers last state of traction control system and will set it for you the next
time you start the vehicle
– Can disconnect sway bar in 2WD up to 30mph (any speed if button mapped SwayKill is used)
– Can use backup camera and added cargo/front/undercarriage camera or media player at
any speed
– TurnCAM – automatic backup camera when turn signals are used (8.4 uconnect only)
– Dark Mode- Turns off all exterior lighting and dash/radio/shifter lights while parked with
engine running.

-3rd Brake Flash – Set rate and number of flashes to pulse the 3rd brake light when brakes are applied for increased visibility
– Light Show mode – 6 preset and 3 make-your-own Light shows that flashes all the exterior
lights, perfect for car shows/first responders/off-road visibility. Control from Key Fob or
steering wheel buttons. Can be enabled for in-motion use for parades, off-road and legal
police/EMS.
– Axle Locker control (Rubicon) – Engage lockers in 2WD and 4Hi on demand.– TC Kill – Tuns off traction control, stability control and ABS.
– Hood Alarm – When the vehicle theft alarm is armed, monitors hood activity and will sound
the alarm and flash light shows if opened.
– Cooldown mode: Turn engine fans on demand when the ignition is on, engine not running
– Line Lock: Can lock front brakes for an easy burnout
– Rock Crawl: Can lock all four brakes by pressing steering wheel buttons to hold the vehicle
still, especially helpful when off-road.
– Winch Mode: Raise idle to 2000 RPM with a simple button press.
– Button Mapping: Use cruise up, down and right buttons as quick-access to some of Tazer
JL’s functions, when cruise control is off.
– Display DTC’s – Shows the diagnostic codes that’s making the check engine light come on.
– Clear CELs – Reset that pesky check engine light. Good when you have mods that set the
light and you know exactly why.
– 0 to 30 and 0 to 60 Timers – Displays 0-30 or 0-60 times on EVIC display

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Jscan can also be used with multiple vehicles for about $20 each. Procal and Tazer you have to buy a whole new device or unmarry yours.
AlphaOBD is much like Jscan and does a few things it won’t do. @ShadowsPapa uses both Jscan and Alpha and can shed more light on those differences if he chimes in.

PR Glad

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
If I install 35s, and only care about getting tire size updated on a "one time only basis" in the JT's computer for speed accuracy and shift points, will paying a dealer to make the change then be durable and maintained during any future software upgrades?

If I further care about only the above and a TPMS setting, can the dealer make that change (ane d will it stick also through software changes)

I don't think I would ever use a tazer for more than the above two functions, so am curious if I can just get the same accomplished with a dealer visit if the change is then permanent.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If I install 35s, and only care about getting tire size updated on a "one time only basis" in the JT's computer for speed accuracy and shift points, will paying a dealer to make the change then be durable and maintained during any future software upgrades?

If I further care about only the above and a TPMS setting, can the dealer make that change (ane d will it stick also through software changes)

I don't think I would ever use a tazer for more than the above two functions, so am curious if I can just get the same accomplished with a dealer visit if the change is then permanent.
If the dealer does it like I suspect, then the setting changes would not be lost with future flashes for updates, etc.

I do such changes with AlfaOBD (or jscan for some simple stuff)
I find the logging for AlfaOBD will tell you more about your truck than you ever wanted to know.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

For what you would pay the dealer to do it one time, you can purchase the Security Cable, OBD module, and AlfaOBD and Jscan software. Tire size is a setting that is not supposed to be affected by dealer software updates.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
For what you would pay the dealer to do it one time, you can purchase the Security Cable, OBD module, and AlfaOBD and Jscan software. Tire size is a setting that is not supposed to be affected by dealer software updates.
Call me paranoid. AlfaOBD tracks your changes in a log. I save that file.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver

JScan still most cost effective option. Keeps you out of the dealership and may have a couple of functions that you may use. I have Taser and JScan. Don't use many of the live functions with the Taser so if I had to do over again would only go with JScan

PR Glad

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Thanks. But for a non-hobbyist or tinkerer of this toy (I spend my time tinkering with my other toys plenty...LOL), what would I most likely use a jscan for other than the one time change of tire size?

Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
What can I do with JScan?
– Access generic diagnostic trouble codes. (Read/Clear).
– Access manufacturer specific diagnostic trouble codes at all available modules (Read/Clear).
– Access generic live data from all available sensors.
– Access manufacturer specific live data from all sensors from all available modules.
– Testing/Activation of vehicle specific relays, lights, actuators and more
– Read Module identification data, VIN, Part Number, Version etc…
– Read VIN information's.
– Programming vehicle settings such as:

* Tire Size
* Axle Ratio
* Transfer Case Low & High Ratio settings

* Fog Lights with high beam lamps On/Off
* Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS) On/Off – intended for Off-Road use only
* Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS) Settings – intended for Off-Road use only
* Rear Camera Activation
* Front Camera Activation
* Day Time Running Lights (DRL) settings – location, configuration, voltage etc…
* Day Time Running Lights Dropout On/Off
* Fog lights front & rear Enable On/Off
* One touch line change On/Off
* Tow Settings – Enable / Disable Tow relays and Trailer Modules
* Change Parktronic PTS configuration – Front & Rear, Rear, None
* Panic Button On/Off
* LED Lights conversions – turn signals, main lamps, stop, etc…
* Lights US<->Euro spec conversions – disable combined rear lights and more
* Hood Alarm On/Off
* Seatbelt alert

* and much more.

Coachcal

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
I read the list above. I don't see the ability to turn on the remote access door locks. Which programmer do I need to do that?
Sponsored