Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revitalizeautospa.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '04 CLK 55 AMG, '21 Kia Telluride
Vehicle Showcase
Ceramic offers outstanding protection from defects introduced by poor washing technique, but is pretty limited in terms of scratch resistance from contact with objects like trees and rocks. You're better off with a PPF (paint protection film) or vinyl wrap for that.
Sponsored

XPEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I'm having the XPEL ultimate plus installed this month. I believe the 10ml only comes in 6" strips.
XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS 10 (our 10mil film) comes in a variety of widths and lengths as big as 60" wide by 50' long so we've got you covered, literally.

I will be getting XPEL installed next week. This will be my third vehicle. Warranty is 10 years and never had a problem with them fixing any issues. Works great.
Thank you for choosing XPEL!

JTsJT

First Name
J.T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Gator" Ford Excursion Diesel, Toyota FJ, Jeep XJ, Cadillac CTSV LSX Twin Turbo
XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS 10 (our 10mil film) comes in a variety of widths and lengths as big as 60" wide by 50' long so we've got you covered, literally.

Thank you for choosing XPEL!
Just spoke to my installer. He uses the 8mil and didn't realize he could get the 10mil in 50". May use the 10mil on the higher impact areas. He is starting on it tomorrow. :)

XPEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Just spoke to my installer. He uses the 8mil and didn't realize he could get the 10mil in 50". May use the 10mil on the higher impact areas. He is starting on it tomorrow. :)
Awesome! We appreciate you letting them know. 10mil is the way to go for higher impact areas.

JTsJT

First Name
J.T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Gator" Ford Excursion Diesel, Toyota FJ, Jeep XJ, Cadillac CTSV LSX Twin Turbo
Just picked her up after Expel wrap. No longer worried about rock chips and scratches. Installing Warn winch tomorrow. Just is time for my Daniel Boone Back Country Byway trip this weekend. Cant wait!

Sponsored

JTsJT

First Name
J.T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just picked her up after Expel wrap. No longer worried about rock chips and scratches. Installing Warn winch tomorrow. Just is time for my Daniel Boone Back Country Byway trip this weekend. Cant wait!
JT w Expel.jpg

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Did you end up using the 10mil anywhere? Looks great, and I'm eager to hear how it performs!

JTsJT

First Name
J.T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went with the 8mil. I'll keep you posted.

JTsJT

First Name
J.T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ended up with IGL Kenzo ceramic coat. Came out nice! Checkout the reveal on YouTube

BF6E3EA1-F526-43D0-AF87-EBAB99F99B1D.jpeg

396B98D6-B38D-4332-861B-66D107C819DD.jpeg

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I can recommend ceramic coating but I doubt it would do much for a deep scratch. It is great to protect your paint from normal wear and makes the vehicle a whole lot easier to clean. I applied it to my 2014 Wrangler when it was new and the paint still looks great. I have reapplied it about every 3 years and it is a lot of work to prep for application but the lower maintenance more than makes up for it.

I put on a new ceramic application this weekend and did the plastic fenders and bumpers for the first time. They were bleached out and pretty sad looking. I had applied some plastic restorer in the past which looks good initially but does not last long. The ceramic coating makes them look new. Will have to see how it lasts but for now they look great.

GOSKN5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I can recommend ceramic coating but I doubt it would do much for a deep scratch. It is great to protect your paint from normal wear and makes the vehicle a whole lot easier to clean. I applied it to my 2014 Wrangler when it was new and the paint still looks great. I have reapplied it about every 3 years and it is a lot of work to prep for application but the lower maintenance more than makes up for it.

I put on a new ceramic application this weekend and did the plastic fenders and bumpers for the first time. They were bleached out and pretty sad looking. I had applied some plastic restorer in the past which looks good initially but does not last long. The ceramic coating makes them look new. Will have to see how it lasts but for now they look great.
Care to share what products you used and your process?
Sponsored