First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT GCMLE '19 JLU '08 JKU
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have a Launch-Edition Gladiator. Love this thing. Mostly hauling stuff, very little crawling. It does love the snow! Summer time driving with solid shade top.

As a Elect Engr for 40 years and Automotive engineer making body, engine and suspension controllers for 8 years, I'm frustrated that I can't find the source of this problem.

The driver side handle has no reaction when touched on the inside or the button is pushed. The Passenger side works properly.

After separating the driver door connector, the pins may have been bent so I straightened them up. No help.

I measured the passenger side pins #15 and #16 on XY600A and on XY650A (driver and passenger primary door connectors.

I'm guessing the technology used is capacitive touch since the inside of the handle need only be touched, not moved to unlock the doors.
Then pressing the button would short the line which could be detected differently. I measure approx 70Meg Ohms on both door sets of pins. The capacitance is not measured with my decent DMM. The button does nothing to change the resistance or capacitance measurements.

Does anyone know what technology is used and have pictures of the remote proximity door handle?

I know my problem could be the driver side pillar antenna.

I know where XY315A is and will verify harness continuity for the pins.

Thanks in advanced for any help,

mike
Sponsored

Giersz

First Name
Wojciech
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Launch Edition EcoDiesel
Hey - have you found what was wrong on your rig?

OP
OP

Soccermike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT GCMLE '19 JLU '08 JKU
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have an extended warranty and will eventually have the dealer fix this. Any info I learn will be posted.

Scar_2

First Name
Oskar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2019, Toyota Camry
hi!
The problem may be related to the antenna on the driver's pillar, check it for damage, interruptions in the connection or possible corrosion.
Check the wiring harness (XY315A) that goes to the door handle, it may be damaged or disconnected or poorly connected.
Sponsored