Pulling to the left at highway speeds

Jdub21

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hi all! Long time lurker on the forums and finally decided to post my issue so here it goes…

Purchased a 2020 Rubi back in June and have been chasing down problems since. When I bought the Jeep it had a 6 inch Rough Country lift installed on it along with 37’s. After airing down the tires properly I noticed a HARD pull to the left and immediately took it back to the dealer. They did the Service Bulletin for the steering box and didn’t fix the issue. Spent weeks dealing with them and they couldn’t get it worked out. Caster was sitting around 2 degrees on each side!
I decided to contact Rough Country to see what they could do and they ended up sending me a pair of adjustable LCAs. Makes no sense of why they weren’t in the kit in the first place! Got the caster set up around 5.5 degrees and installed an adjustable front track bar from Core 4x4. This still didn’t fix my issue. It pulls hard to the left on the highway when you get it above 60 mph and I’m at a loss for what it could be. I did notice a slight spring bow on the drivers side but have no idea what could be causing it or if this is even the culprit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
What tires? Lots of people have reported pulling to either side when using MT type tires.

OP
OP

Jdub21

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What tires? Lots of people have reported pulling to either side when using MT type tires.
Yeah they’re Ironman MTs. Swapped tires around from left to right and didn’t change it.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Yeah they’re Ironman MTs. Swapped tires around from left to right and didn’t change it.
I had some Trail Grapplers once that pulled to the left. Swapping them around didn’t help. I put on some KM3s and it immediately drove straight. Do you have a friend who has a set of tires/wheels you could try to see if that is the problem?

OP
OP

Jdub21

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had some Trail Grapplers once that pulled to the left. Swapping them around didn’t help. I put on some KM3s and it immediately drove straight. Do you have a friend who has a set of tires/wheels you could try to see if that is the problem?
Unfortunately I don’t. I would just swap them out if KM3s weren’t so expensive :CWL:

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
They installed a 6" lift and didn't change the LCA? That's a huge red flag right there imo. Did it have any adjustable arms at all?

Do you have an adjustable track bar in the front and rear?

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Rough country is struck in the early ages of lift kits. Everything is a add on and not a complete kit. Is this road your driving on crowned . It could be tram lining due to your wide tires.

do you have an alignment sheet handy ?

OP
OP

Jdub21

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They installed a 6" lift and didn't change the LCA? That's a huge red flag right there imo. Did it have any adjustable arms at all?

Do you have an adjustable track bar in the front and rear?
Rough country claimed that the LCA geo correction brackets were enough and I said yeah right. No adjustable arms other than the front LCAs that I put on and no adjustable track bar in the rear.

OP
OP

Jdub21

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rough country is struck in the early ages of lift kits. Everything is a add on and not a complete kit. Is this road your driving on crowned . It could be tram lining due to your wide tires.

do you have an alignment sheet handy ?
There is a slight crown but it is a HARD pull. Here’s an alignment sheet pre LCA install.

AFF9F33C-C40F-4389-BF1D-2C6F52E7BFD2.jpeg

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Rough country claimed that the LCA geo correction brackets were enough and I said yeah right. No adjustable arms other than the front LCAs that I put on and no adjustable track bar in the rear.
2.4*?!

If you don't have an adjustable track bar on the rear after a lift, esp one that large, then your axle will be shifted. Have you noticed your tires sticking out more on the right than the left? Could be pushing your truck to the side as you drive, and more prominent at higher speeds.

It's not usually an issue on smaller lifts but 6" on 37s and it may become apparent.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jdub21

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.4*?!

If you don't have an adjustable track bar on the rear after a lift, esp one that large, then your axle will be shifted. Have you noticed your tires sticking out more on the right than the left? Could be pushing your truck to the side as you drive, and more prominent at higher speeds.

It's not usually an issue on smaller lifts but 6" on 37s and it may become apparent.
It does have a track bar drop bracket for the rear. Would you still recommend getting an adjustable for the rear?

OP
OP

Jdub21

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also thinking of doing a drag link flip kit considering the front track bar has a drop bracket also. Would that be a good course of action?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
It does have a track bar drop bracket for the rear. Would you still recommend getting an adjustable for the rear?
Get a tape measure. Go to the rear tires and find the center spot of the frame rail, there will be an outward curve aligned with the axle.

Measure from the flat of the frame to a particular lug pattern on the outside of your tire. Do it for both sides and see if it's actually centered with the bracket or not.

You may as well do it for the front while you're at it.
Sponsored