First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Social Media Director
I was given the opportunity to test out the new HDX Fender chop and have to say I think they are awesome! Full disclosure: That is my white Mojave and you’ll be able to see more photos and videos of the lights on my instagram @arctjc.mojave. The lights are very bright and can be seen clearly in the day. I did take most of the photographs and video at dusk and at night, just because they really pop at night and I wanted to make sure they were clearly visible for the launch campaigns. I came from using the smoked Quake LED Fender chop. The swap was super easy, as it is just a few bolts and a plug and play. Of course the RGB is not for everyone, but it is a fun feature to have. Makes for a cool scene at shows, at jeep meets, or for videos if you are into social media like myself. The various effects are sweet, I really like the stacking effect and the breathing effect. The quality of the build seems really good and I do think they will hold up against the elements over time.
Sponsored

Arctic.Mojave

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Social Media Director
Passenger side has the fender flare screw and looks to not have inner fender liner.
Driver side looks to have chopped inner fender liner and no fender flare screw.
Is that part of the design update or was the install just not complete in the vid.

I was looking at old install videos for the previous version and it seemed to be something people were not a fan of.
In the video you saw in this thread (or on YouTube) there are two different jeeps. A silver one and my white Mojave with the black grill. I chose not to use the screw and have never felt I needed it. The fender on my Mojave sits firmly in position and the chop is tucked in tight and has never come loose. Even when I had tracks on the dunes. So that’s why you are seeing one with a screw and one without. I also have inner fenders and I opted to leave the black trim along the long edge of my fender because I prefer that look. I’m not a fan of the raw edge of the painted fenders.

Jhall1981

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Assembly Technician

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
What if I have no interest in the goofy light show effects? Is the past version with the smoked lens the same as these but minus the HDX effects? Or are they older and not updated to the same level?

OP
OP
Mr Black

Mr Black

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2 X JL Rubs - JT Rub Gladiator.
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
Passenger side has the fender flare screw and looks to not have inner fender liner.
Driver side looks to have chopped inner fender liner and no fender flare screw.
Is that part of the design update or was the install just not complete in the vid.

I was looking at old install videos for the previous version and it seemed to be something people were not a fan of.
You do not have to drill the hole in the side.

The bracket itself has a large flange that tucks up behind the fender. There is a hole in it and included hardware for customers that are willing to put a hole in the fender (we think its a cool look with the bolt head). We anticipated that some people with paint matched fenders would not want to drill a hole in them, so you can use a double sided 3m adhesive as an alternative to the bolt. The flange is oversized for this reason, so it makes great contact with the edge of the fender. We have had customers running the same bracket for years and have had no issues with fender flap or adhesive coming loose.

The jeeps are different in the videos and marketing images. We use a lot of customer submitted footage and photos, and a lot of our own on our personal jeeps, hence the difference.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr Black

Mr Black

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Loose the street rider RGB and I would be interested, maybe.
This is our newest kit that adds these effects for the people that want it. We have our base model version, and smoked version that do not have this effect in them.

Standard White (no nightrider effect lol):
Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator 9.5 x 0.75 Inch Slim Chop Kit DRL w/ Sequential Switchback Turn Signal & Side Marker Light (quakeled.com)

Smoked:
Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Slim Smoked DRL Rubicon Fender Chop Kit (quakeled.com)

I linked the rubicon kits, but we offer them for every trim package of jeep.

LiftedVin

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport , 2018 Challenger Hellcat
Occupation
Operations Manager
Ordered yesterday. Will be useful with all the shows here in SoFlo year round.

OP
OP
Mr Black

Mr Black

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What if I have no interest in the goofy light show effects? Is the past version with the smoked lens the same as these but minus the HDX effects? Or are they older and not updated to the same level?
This is our newest kit that adds these effects for the people that want it. We have our base model version, and smoked version that do not have this effect in them. We have updated those kits with this release, as we are always improving our products with every production run we do.

Standard White (no nightrider effect lol):
Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator 9.5 x 0.75 Inch Slim Chop Kit DRL w/ Sequential Switchback Turn Signal & Side Marker Light (quakeled.com)

Smoked:
Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Slim Smoked DRL Rubicon Fender Chop Kit (quakeled.com)

I linked the Rubicon kits, but we offer them for every trim package of jeep.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
I was on the 2nd set of white drl’s when I emailed them in January about more issues. They asked if wanted another set or if I would be willing to wait a few weeks for the “new” design. I chose to wait lo and behold, 1st week of February they show up out of nowhere 👍. I’m praying these hold up better than the old design. I will say they are brighter and look better than before. So far so good.
this is a depressing comment. I want these. They just look cool. Its funny they say increased tire clearance.

OP
OP
Mr Black

Mr Black

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
this is a depressing comment. I want these. They just look cool. Its funny they say increased tire clearance.
What is depressing about this comment exactly? To clarify we addressed a product quality issue with a major update and took care of a customer with transparency in the matter.

Increased tire clearance in this sense means more room for bigger tires with less lift. The chop kit allows for more articulation while maintaining the lower center of gravity for off-roading, but they do "just look cool," as well!

Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
What is depressing about this comment exactly? To clarify we addressed a product quality issue with a major update and took care of a customer with transparency in the matter.

Increased tire clearance in this sense means more room for bigger tires with less lift. The chop kit allows for more articulation while maintaining the lower center of gravity for off-roading, but they do "just look cool," as well!
Depressing that a customer is on their 3rd set and as a potential purchaser of the product this is the first comment that came up. Amazing customer service, the issue was corrected. TIme will tell if it is resolved. The transparency is great. It's all too often issues get blamed on the customer (not saying that's what you do.) Your resolution approach is commendable and i am sure your product undergoes rigorous testing. Problems will always happen but having 2 "fail" with one customer just make someone ponder. I will still get mine when the luxury affords it. The prices have come down since i first wanted them too!!

For clearance, yeah i can see it. Especially with the non-rubicon style raise fenders. But is see the my tire hitting the highpoint of my tires radius in top of my 35 inch tire long before the leading edge of the flair. It will defiantly aid in the approach if running a stubby bumper.

Jhall1981

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Assembly Technician
Not depressing to me. Hard to find a company that stands behind a product no questions asked. Anytime I’ve had an issue they have made it right at no cost me and done so quickly. These aren’t for everyone I agree but they do what they are advertised to do. They do allow more tire clearance with less suspension lift. I do have a 3” lift so didn’t need them for that reason.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I have the 2y old Kit and while I don’t have issues with the LEDs I do notice a considerable amount of rust on the bracket. that been addressed by these new ones ?

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
My Quakes have been perfectly reliable so far. No complaints at all. I appreciate the added clearance and the Jeep looks much better than with the stock setup. I didn't install the screw. Just used a bit of epoxy.

Jeep Gladiator Quake LED Releases New HDX Fender Chop Kit For ALL Gladiator Trim Levels! IMG_6771.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Quake LED Releases New HDX Fender Chop Kit For ALL Gladiator Trim Levels! IMG_6772.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Quake LED Releases New HDX Fender Chop Kit For ALL Gladiator Trim Levels! IMG_6773.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Quake LED Releases New HDX Fender Chop Kit For ALL Gladiator Trim Levels! IMG_6777.JPG
Sponsored