Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The best way I can explain why most people add spacers with a leveling kit is because perfectly leveling a vehicle is hard!

Take our 1.5" kit for example, it perfectly levels out most Rubicon model JT's, but any heavy accessory that is added to the front or rear is going to throw that off. Sport and Sahara models are always going to be a little lighter when stock, so those naturally will gain a little more lift in the front as well.

Best thing to do is to get the 1.5" leveling kit installed first, and then measure for what size spacer you need in the rear. Ultimately every build is going to be a little different, and so results are always going to vary when trying to get the vehicle perfectly level. Hope this helps! :)
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Just remember, if you use the JKS ACOS system, there is no going back to stock.

You're cutting off the jounce/bump stop factory setup to install the ACOS.

OP
OP
first_jeep_guy
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Coast Guard
Just remember, if you use the JKS ACOS system, there is no going back to stock.

You're cutting off the jounce/bump stop factory setup to install the ACOS.
Cutting off? I've watched a few install videos and it looks like it installs as any other spacer kit would. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
first_jeep_guy
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Coast Guard
Cutting off? I've watched a few install videos and it looks like it installs as any other spacer kit would. Am I missing something?
Actually now I see what you were talking bout. On our Jeeps you do in fact need to cut above the bottom most weld of the factory bumpstop post. Although I'm not sure why.... maybe the post is too long or something.
Sponsored