MumblyPeg

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Hi all,

I’m buying my very first winch, and I can’t seem to find any mention of a potential issue I’m concerned about. I’m looking at a Comeup Seal Slim 9.5RS, and the spooled up synthetic rope looks like it’s dam near touching the bolts that span the two halves of the winch.

Jeep Gladiator Question about winch spool binding 12FA5360-3961-43FD-A098-630518A0F905

If anyone else has a super slim winch similar to this, do you have any issues when you’re trying to run your line back in if the rope doesn’t stack exactly perfectly? Am I overthinking this?
Sponsored

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
yeah it does look pretty close. On my old JKUR the cable would rub into the grille when it was all the way spooled. Just remember when you're recovering, there'll be a couple dozen feet or so of line unspooled from the drum which should give you the clearance you need. You'll just have to pay attention if you're winching from one side the line will bunch up there and could cause some problems.
Could also be an optical illusion in that photo and there's more room than it seems like. Doesn't seem like something that would be an issue on a $1300 winch. Hope that helps!