Question for the board: LE Rubicon vs similar equipped Rubicon

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
Rule 1 of modifying anything: Mods are lost money.

And never trust the knowledge of the general public.
THIS THIS THIS. I De-modded my Tacoma TRD Pro completely before selling and sold for very close to original new purchase price. The mods would have been a total loss if I sold all together. Sold them individually and then the "badge" of the truck sold itself, without mods. Put it up for sale, and 12 hours later it was gone with cash in account. Mods are only good for someone that intends on keeping something forever.
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Only to someone who doesn't know anything and only wants the name...
Which is funny because the very last jeep i would buy is someone elses modified jeep. Is there anything more sketchy and unreliable than questionable modifications by others?

My JKUR consistently appraises for more because it is a Rubicon. To add it's stock equipment would cost money and time, neither of which allows me the ability to chuck the gear and the family and the dogs in and just go and hit it. By the same token, most "lesser" wrangler owners don't care or even understand what it brings where as those who do, do.

If you just want the flash style points, buy the hood decal and paint your shocks red. My decals are covered and my red shocks are long gone. But on the beach they sure know what I have when all 4 tires are barely moving and it sounds like a 12v92. Sadly, no one cares. :giggle:

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I have a Sting Gray gladiator and every time I see it, I think damn that’s a fantastic color. It was a color that a couple years ago I had no idea it existed, but if I’d bought the black truck off the lot, I still would have loved it, because Gladiator, but that Sting Gray color makes me smile every time I see it.

I don’t have a launch edition and if I were buying today I’d probably get a Mojave (which is totally stupid for me) I off-road and hit trails, but never get anywhere near sand dunes, but in my fictional stories in my mind that come up when buying new stuff, I’m like how freaking cool would it be to be jumping dunes in my Mojave haha.

Good luck with your decision, but I wouldn’t stress this like investing in stock, because there are a lot of miles between purchase and selling it. I’ve had pristine cars that took a dive due to gas prices or others that were immaculate until I got side swiped.
Sponsored