Radio died completely

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I was on Bluetooth talking on phone parked and turned off the truck it disconnected and I thought it was just timed out thought nothing of it.
This morning radio and screen completely dead won’t turn on. No reverse camera. But all my hvac controls still work. Anyone else experience this at turned out to be some reset. I checked all fuse under hood, ok. I pulled console out to confirm plugged in.

Here’s the iffy, if screen can’t turn on…. Why was the back of the screen hot when it’s not even on. Guess I’m dropping off at dealership.

IMG_4020.jpeg

IMG_4019.jpeg
Sponsored

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
My OFFROAD pages died as soon as I got to MOAB.... app just wouldn't work.... I get to AZ and it starts working again....

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Its a common issue with the Mopar radios. I had issues with the radio in two Challengers and one Grand Cherokee and the guy at the local CDJR dealership says the problem is the head unit.

OP
OP
svc707

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Should I worry about unmarrying the tazer or just leave it in

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s the iffy, if screen can’t turn on…. Why was the back of the screen hot when it’s not even on. Guess I’m dropping off at dealership.
One has nothing to do with the other. There are power supplies and electronics in there that will get hot even if the screen itself dies, or the brains of the thing dies. It's like anything else - a system board can die but the power supply still generate heat and do its thing.

As my wife found out a few years ago, as did my son with his Compass - these things die now and then, and in various ways. For my son, it did like yours. For my wife - NAV died but most of the rest worked.
Both required full replacement under warranty - but they had to be ordered.

Sponsored

skadax

First Name
Sumeet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Should I worry about unmarrying the tazer or just leave it in
For what it’s worth, I just installed my brand new Tazer for the first time last night (loving the features of the Tazer btw). Minutes after install my radio screen also went out just like you describe. Turns out one of the wires wasn’t plugged all the way into the Tazer, I think it was the smaller of the 2 plugs. I had to push very hard, harder than I would’ve thought to get the plug to “click” in. After that the radio came back on without issue.

Point of this, I do think the small plug has something to do with the radio. I would make sure your Tazer connections are tight or try to plug back into the factory connections and see if that helps your cause.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
For what it’s worth, I just installed my brand new Tazer for the first time last night (loving the features of the Tazer btw). Minutes after install my radio screen also went out just like you describe. Turns out one of the wires wasn’t plugged all the way into the Tazer, I think it was the smaller of the 2 plugs. I had to push very hard, harder than I would’ve thought to get the plug to “click” in. After that the radio came back on without issue.

Point of this, I do think the small plug has something to do with the radio. I would make sure your Tazer connections are tight or try to plug back into the factory connections and see if that helps your cause.
Yeah - what he said above here ^^^^^
Good point as the tazer does bypass the security gateway and those connections can have issues that cause things like described here.

OP
OP
svc707

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave

I did a reboot to see if anything changed and it all went through flawlessly but I’ll check that in a bit

OP
OP
svc707

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
No hassle with my local dealer, I didn’t even buy the gladiator from them.

radio failed reboot , ordered radio
Aux battery also failed test, battery ordered
Covered under warranty

Sponsored

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
Had 3 different head units replaced under warranty, the factory ones are all crap.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Had 3 different head units replaced under warranty, the factory ones are all crap.
Your replacements are the same thing, just reman units. Same company originally made them all.
They send the broken ones out to be repaired and those end up as replacements in the next Jeeps that come into the dealership.

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
Your replacements are the same thing, just reman units. Same company originally made them all.
They send the broken ones out to be repaired and those end up as replacements in the next Jeeps that come into the dealership.
Yeah I know that's why when the left front channel went out the second time I just replaced it with an Insane Audio head unit.

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Wish mine would die. The 7” Alpine in my previous Sport S was a dream for it sounded better than my wife’s GC.

this one with the 8.4 sounds horrible and the dealer already replaced the sound bar.

I pretty much just don’t listen to music any longer while driving. Doesn’t matter if it’s xm, usb from iPhone or bt

OP
OP
svc707

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I don’t mind so much the sound “been there done that” mentally but I’d like a working screen , back up cam , etc

im just glad no hassles. I’m looking to buy a wrangler too to add to my fleet, so they gave me a good impression to buy from them this time.
Sponsored