Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
MILITARY
Found two threads related to this issue, both from 2018
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/radio-volume-fluctuating.6360/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...during-a-drive-cycle-september-25-2018.15917/

I have a new 2020 Gladiator Sport S. We took the doors off for the first time a little while ago and drove about 40 minutes to a friend's house....no issues. On the way back and listening to FM, the radio volume was rhythmically going up and down. I had my phone connected and using carplay for GPS. However, unplugging the phone didn't correct the issue. We tried other bands (XM, AM, etc.), volume issue persisted. We put the doors back on and haven't had the issue again.

It looks like there was a software update back in 2018 to fix the issue. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I haven’t experienced this but maybe look to see if you have the speed volume adjust feature on.

OP
OP
stribble1

stribble1

First Name
STEPHEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
MILITARY

Sponsored

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
Two things I have noticed on my JL which would be similar or the JT. 1 is the speed volume adjustment which would raise and lower the volume based on speed. 2 is if I am going from the HD fm to Non HD and back it will fluctuate as well. I have noticed this when driving to/from a rural area.

OP
OP
stribble1

stribble1

First Name
STEPHEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
MILITARY
Did the Speed Volume Adjustment fix it? Im looking at a similar issue and trying to pinpoint things
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...me-jumps-shortly-after-turning-it-down.31800/
I did turn off the speed volume adjustment and haven't had an issue with for a while now. However, yesterday...I had the volume up pretty loud and it did it again. I was sitting still, had the doors on and the top closed. I did notice that it only really did it if there was a lot of bass. So when the bass kicked in, the volume went lower. Almost like the subwoffer was drawing too much power. A couple of other songs played with very little bass and it didn't seem to do. So, no real solution at this point.

BT911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I did turn off the speed volume adjustment and haven't had an issue with for a while now. However, yesterday...I had the volume up pretty loud and it did it again. I was sitting still, had the doors on and the top closed. I did notice that it only really did it if there was a lot of bass. So when the bass kicked in, the volume went lower. Almost like the subwoffer was drawing too much power. A couple of other songs played with very little bass and it didn't seem to do. So, no real solution at this point.
Same issue with car play have you found any fix?
Sponsored