Sponsored

Radio volume increasing automaticaly since Tazer install

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Mine just started doing this today after having the Gladiator since March. The Tazer has been installed since June. Today, every stop light I stopped at, the radio volume went to max. It did it once I came to a complete stop. It did it whether or not the auto start activated or not. It did it whether I had the speed volume control application on at 1, 2, or 3 or off. I did notice that when the volume speed thing was on, the volume did not increase with speed. Not sure it ever did. My radio is the 8.4 inch.
Sponsored

txt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jl Rubicon
My volume has been good since I installed the latest updates. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or if the problem is in fact fixed at this point. It’s been a few weeks since the updates and so far so good….

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I have had the same problem with my 8.4 radio since it was new with no Tazer or anything installed. When it was in for some warranty work they said they updated the software but it still does it when coming to a stop. The volume number stays the same but it sounds like the volume goes up about 5 or more numbers while either at a stop or slowing down to stop. Then randomly it will go right back down and stay that way for a while. I have the Tazer now and I've updated it about 4 or 5 times and the issue still continues so I think it's tied to the radio not the tazer but could be wrong. The dealer thought I was crazy because of course it wouldn't happen when they tested it. Can't wait to find a solution to this.....

jeepnjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Anyone have a fix for this? Besides turning the feature off...
I have the newest firmware at this point in time (11.3.4) and after signaling the radio spikes in volume a couple seconds after the signal turns off.

Gvellas

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Electrician
Mine is on the newest firmware as well, I updated it 2 weeks ago. Just came across this thread, and I thought my problem was random until now. Every time I hit a turn signal (turncam is on) a few seconds later the volume drops. I turn it up and it does it again, every time. Sometimes I have noticed the volume increase by itself too, not sure if it's just the same in reverse.

Sponsored

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
Probably a stupid suggestion, but have you tried enabling and disabling the setting right from your Audio Settings on the uConnect? Might just need to be reset from the source.

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
I am having the same issues. Mine is brand new, built in July delivered in August. Installed Tazer with newest updates a few days after pickup. 8.4" screen.
It did not do it the first 1000 miles or so. Now, it does it fairly frequently. I noticed it first when I was towing a trailer and I had the park sense backup beeper disabled. Now, the radio will drop from 20 down to something very low (not 100% muted) like it does in reverse, and then as soon as I touch the volume knob, or sometimes on its own, jump back to where it was or to what seems like max volume! This happens whether I have park sense on or off, not always when backing up, blutooth, USB, sirius, and adaptive volume is turned off.
Super annoying.
I do not have turn cam turned on. I do have the GPS entry while driving activated.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Have the Tazer, works great. However, mine only does the volume jumps or fluctuations when I use the 8.4 Navigation or IPhone GPS for directions or at stop lights/signs. The rest of the time it’s not a problem. Weird and annoying... after turning the Jeep off and turning back on it goes away and does not come back long as I don’t use the Navigation or iPhone for directions. Therefore I never use the navigation or iPhone connection for driving directions. Pandora or other uses with the IPhone has shown no problems. Cannot explain it, but can duplicate it.

Last edited:

txt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jl Rubicon
Greeting everyone, happy holidays!
Haven't revisited this thread for quite some time but just wanted to say that after I updated the Tazer, the random volume increase issue stopped and never returned.
đź‘Ť

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Anyone else experiencing this? Mine occurs almsot any time that any function comes into play during running. Use the sway disconnect? Volume up. Using turn signal camera? Volume up.

MaximusTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 23 Rubicon 392, 88 Samurai, 70 Chevelle
Build Thread
Link
I am experiencing this issue as well. I got my Gladiator in March and installed the tazer mini in Septmember and I updated the firmware on it before I installed it so it has the latest firmware. I have the 8.4 screen and the sound will go super quiet and then go super loud without touching anything. I am using the Turn Signal Camera. For the most part the volume doesn't seem to change when the camera is on. It happens when I am just driving.
Sponsored