Sponsored

Radio volume jumps shortly after turning it down...

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
My experience would tell me that the most obvious solu is usually the right one. I'll bring it in and see if they can look at the head unit.
Recommend recording a video while it's happening, showed that to my service guy....probably why they agreed to replace the unit so fast, just have to wait for it to come in now.
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Why not take it in and have the dealer FIX IT? There's multiple TSBs on these and at least a couple are about volume changing on its own.

I have my bulletins in the house so don't have access now but just tell the dealer to check their TSBs on volume changing by itself - and then tell them to FIX IT.
Have had all that done and the issue persists. It’s not enough of a bother right now to take it back and for my dealer appointments are 2 months out

JeeperCreeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Occupation
Semi-retired
Why not take it in and have the dealer FIX IT? There's multiple TSBs on these and at least a couple are about volume changing on its own.

I have my bulletins in the house so don't have access now but just tell the dealer to check their TSBs on volume changing by itself - and then tell them to FIX IT.
My dealer has "fixed" mine 3 times now... And it still does it

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
This is probably not your issue at all, but I used to regularly listen to a specific FM radio station that would constantly go up and down in volume. Drove me nuts! I finally figured out that it was the HD radio signal going in and out. When "HD" lit up on the Uconnect screen the volume would go up but then it would grey out and the volume would go down when it lost the HD signal. It's only ever happened to me with that one station. Apparently their HD broadcast signal isn't quite strong enough.
This happened to me. I deselected HD on the media screen and the volume stayed consistent, BUT, if you have a HD station saved and select it, the HD automatically turns back on and stays on. I did just a little reading on HD. "Normal" stations are analog and the HD is digital (and of better quality), when the HD drops off or gets weak it searches for a analog station. This volume issue is fairly common. Do a search, it pops up in all kinds of vehicles. Stations should align the output of analog vs digital better so volume is unnoticed when it transfers from one to the other. Who knows? I read it on the internet so it has to be true. Anyway, turning off the HD fixed my volume up/down but the HD will turn itself back on ever it wants. And to think my first car raido was AM only, tubes that had to warm up, with 1 mono speaker on top of the dash board. Snap crackle and pop.

JeeperCreeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Occupation
Semi-retired
This happened to me. I deselected HD on the media screen and the volume stayed consistent, BUT, if you have a HD station saved and select it, the HD automatically turns back on and stays on. I did just a little reading on HD. "Normal" stations are analog and the HD is digital (and of better quality), when the HD drops off or gets weak it searches for a analog station. This volume issue is fairly common. Do a search, it pops up in all kinds of vehicles. Stations should align the output of analog vs digital better so volume is unnoticed when it transfers from one to the other. Who knows? I read it on the internet so it has to be true. Anyway, turning off the HD fixed my volume up/down but the HD will turn itself back on ever it wants. And to think my first car raido was AM only, tubes that had to warm up, with 1 mono speaker on top of the dash board. Snap crackle and pop.
It happens to me while listening to SiriusXM radio, when listening to streaming music.... I like your idea for the reason, makes complete sense, but I never listen to FM radio at all.

Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I'm having a simliar issue... When my iphone is attached via the usb cable, if I take a call and then go back to spotify, there is a couple min delay before the music volume returns to normal.

Also having an issue with spotify that when I click "no playing", it goes to that screen and flashes back to the playlist screen and I have to hit it again. Not a huge issue but it's distracting when driving.

I have a pac adapter going to a kicker 50x4 amp for the soundbar and knee speakers as well as a kciker sub amp.

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I'm having a simliar issue... When my iphone is attached via the usb cable, if I take a call and then go back to spotify, there is a couple min delay before the music volume returns to normal.

Also having an issue with spotify that when I click "no playing", it goes to that screen and flashes back to the playlist screen and I have to hit it again. Not a huge issue but it's distracting when driving.

I have a pac adapter going to a kicker 50x4 amp for the soundbar and knee speakers as well as a kciker sub amp.
I had the same issues with Spotify. It would also constantly stop playing. I cleared the cache, deleted and reinstalled...all for naught.
Sponsored