Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Well, got caught in the rain today. Who says it doesn’t rain in Southern California. Put the hardtop back on. Last year I made it till Mid October.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Well, got caught in the rain today. Who says it doesn’t rain in Southern California. Put the hardtop back on. Last year I made it till Mid October.
Pics😁

• Haha
Reactions: A 2

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
No pics, I guess it never happened. 😂 Got me thinking about a cab cover in case of emergency. I ended up keeping an eye out for over passes, gas station canopies, etc.
I’m going to buy this one
Rain Gear JT Cab Cover
Obviously you can’t keep driving with it on Lol but I want it for winter here, which is my doors off season in southwest Florida.

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
I have one from Mastertop, definitely recommend a cab cover no matter who makes it. Also, know that cab covers are water RESISTANT not waterproof. I have a bikini top on and end up with water between. I found parking at a slant won't pool water on top to permeate through. The nice thing about the bikini and the blocky shape of the truck is that I found that getting caught in a sudden downpour, rather often here in AZ during monsoon season, is that about 90% of the water stays out of the cab. The rear gets most of it as the road wind brings it in, but I've stayed remarkably unsoggy. Aerodynamics be damned!

This is the one I have: MasterTop 11110709 Full Door Cab Cover For Jeep Gladiator JT with hard or soft top removed | Quadratec

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I have one from Mastertop, definitely recommend a cab cover no matter who makes it. Also, know that cab covers are water RESISTANT not waterproof. I have a bikini top on and end up with water between. I found parking at a slant won't pool water on top to permeate through. The nice thing about the bikini and the blocky shape of the truck is that I found that getting caught in a sudden downpour, rather often here in AZ during monsoon season, is that about 90% of the water stays out of the cab. The rear gets most of it as the road wind brings it in, but I've stayed remarkably unsoggy. Aerodynamics be damned!

This is the one I have: MasterTop 11110709 Full Door Cab Cover For Jeep Gladiator JT with hard or soft top removed | Quadratec
I looked at this one too. The reason I like the Rain Gear cover is that it fits with my soft top on.

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
I looked at this one too. The reason I like the Rain Gear cover is that it fits with my soft top on.
Good point. Most of the cab covers fit tight to the windshield and roll bars, mine uses the soft top rail along the back wall to help keep a tight fit. Can't use it with the soft top.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I had the Mopar and now the rain Gear. The Mopar worked well but was to light. I had a hard time getting it on in the wind by myself. It refused to stay in place long enough for me to get it secured to the truck. Rain Gear cover work much gooder in the wind if your by yourself.

Reactions: A 2
OP
OP
A 2

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
I guess after thinking about it more, a cab cover doesn’t make sense for what happened yesterday. Playing it out in my head. Driving then all of a sudden a freak rain storm hits. Pull over, wrestle the cab cover on in the rain, and climb inside? Wait till it passes, wrestle wet cover off the truck. Now I’m probably more wet. Continue on my way.

I guess these covers would be good for overnight parking outside with a chance of rain.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I guess after thinking about it more, a cab cover doesn’t make sense for what happened yesterday. Playing it out in my head. Driving then all of a sudden a freak rain storm hits. Pull over, wrestle the cab cover on in the rain, and climb inside? Wait till it passes, wrestle wet cover off the truck. Now I’m probably more wet. Continue on my way.

I guess these covers would be good for overnight parking outside with a chance of rain.
I use my cover any time my top and doors are off and its going to be parked for a while like at work to keep the sun from beating the tar out of my interior. I have also pulled over and tossed it on until a storm has passed. There are also a lot of days where there is a few hour window of rain mid day while it will be parked at work. Having the cover keeps me from having to put the top and doors back on for such days.
Sponsored