Caught in major rain shower today

Elwood Hydro Blues

First Name
Elwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I got caught in an unforecast rain storm on my first beach trip. I, of course, left the entire top back on Emerald Isle and had taken a ferry to South Core Banks so there was no way to get back and no structures on the island to park under. I pulled out my Shibumi and set it toward the wind So the parachute material blew over the bed of the truck. While I was shocked how well that luckily worked, I may head over to Mopar to check out the rain cover mentioned above.
1691542908342.jpeg
IMG_8031.jpeg
I used to wheel, camp, fish endlessly on the outer banks with my wife when we were on the east coast. So awesome there.
Sponsored

Alan SOBX

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I used to wheel, camp, fish endlessly on the outer banks with my wife when we were on the east coast. So awesome there.
The fishing isn’t what it once was but OBX is still an amazing place to be. Driving by the water is a true blessing. My only issue was that my daughter and wife love driving on the sand as much as I do and it is hard to share the wheel!!

BobcatBruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
This happened to me last weekend. Was out boating on the lake and a crazy storm blew through! I drove it home while it was still raining without doors and top. Took 3-4 days to completely dry. I didn’t know about the rear drain plugs either! Would have made it a lot easier!

OP
OP
Y-Guy

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
@BobcatBruno yeah the lack of cutouts for the rear is really inexcusable IMHO. Having those up front made it so easy, and obvious. Makes no sense.

We got caught, like you, while driving with our Wrangler - laughed the whole way home.

Sponsored

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
@BobcatBruno yeah the lack of cutouts for the rear is really inexcusable IMHO. Having those up front made it so easy, and obvious. Makes no sense.

We got caught, like you, while driving with our Wrangler - laughed the whole way home.
I see your point, and am taking it further -> if there’s a chance that the carpet/juke will get wet, then we might be better w/out the carpet. Marine carpet maybe? And is there a way to attach rubber floor mats to a doorless Jeep that has no carpet? Or even a way to pull the carpet w/out pulling the seats?

OP
OP
Y-Guy

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
@Volt0 I don't see any way to attach floormats without the carpet, but I'm sure somebody figured out a way. I am strongly considering the Armorlite but have other upgrades I want to do first.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I see your point, and am taking it further -> if there’s a chance that the carpet/juke will get wet, then we might be better w/out the carpet. Marine carpet maybe? And is there a way to attach rubber floor mats to a doorless Jeep that has no carpet? Or even a way to pull the carpet w/out pulling the seats?
@Volt0 I don't see any way to attach floormats without the carpet, but I'm sure somebody figured out a way. I am strongly considering the Armorlite but have other upgrades I want to do first.
Yes, if you have the rubber floor mats. The black studs are screwed into the metal floor.