Rank Underbody Armor Components by Importance

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
How would you rank importance of each skid plate component? Would you say oil pan #1? I have a leveled Max Tow on 33’s. No crazy rock crawling but occasional bumping over some rocks on moderate trails. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How would you rank importance of each skid plate component? Would you say oil pan #1? I have a leveled Max Tow on 33’s. No crazy rock crawling but occasional bumping over some rocks on moderate trails. Thanks for the input.
I do not think the oil pan is in much danger since it sits so high and your not doing extreme rock. I started with protecting the hitch receiver since that was the first place I dragged, then went with rear and then front differential skids. Still waiting to hit more trails to see what is next, probably control arm skids and waiting for someone to come up with a transmission skid that replaces the factory and frame mounted rock rails.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
From start to finish.

oilpan, transfer case, rear bed panels (behind tire), side armor to protect body, rear differential, fad, front control arms (axle side), front diff, rear lower control arms (frame side and lower axle side), rear shocks, front shocks, and last is the tow hitch (it’s a tough metal, unless you are gonna tow... then it moves up on the list)

the sad part is that I want a full skid underbelly skid system(oilpan, t case and gas tank) but I’ve done all the other armor stuff except front diff and tow hitch.

VA Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubi 06 LJ Rubi
Oil pan and trans. If you dent the rest you can still make it home.