Sponsored

RCI bed rack with Roll'n'Lock tonneau

The Gas Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I’ve been overthinking the combo of the RCI or a similar tonneau compatible bed rack with a truck cover USA tonneau. You mentioned minor modifications. What was required?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
My Yeti 24 doesn't really fit under my BakFlip which sits higher than that roller cover does. Can make it work if it's in the middle but it would bow. It's close on my Yeti 65. Similarly a Diamond bucket of baseballs is a bit taller than the BakFlip would like.

So my question is on that Roll n Lock which is a little lower... do you run into any certain items that don't fit, or are very tight? And how does the cover respond? Like mentioned, I can get the Bakflip to adjust a little bit but it doesn't sit in the rails like that one.

OP
OP
AlternateRoutes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
RN
My Yeti 24 doesn't really fit under my BakFlip which sits higher than that roller cover does. Can make it work if it's in the middle but it would bow. It's close on my Yeti 65. Similarly a Diamond bucket of baseballs is a bit taller than the BakFlip would like.

So my question is on that Roll n Lock which is a little lower... do you run into any certain items that don't fit, or are very tight? And how does the cover respond? Like mentioned, I can get the Bakflip to adjust a little bit but it doesn't sit in the rails like that one.
The RollnLock isn't really forgiving. It'll bow a little but that causes the side latches to lose their grip, causing it to begin sliding closed.

My Firman 2100 generators barely fit under but the 5 gallon gas tank doesn't.

All in all I'm really happy with the rollnlock.

OP
OP
AlternateRoutes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
RN
I’ve been overthinking the combo of the RCI or a similar tonneau compatible bed rack with a truck cover USA tonneau. You mentioned minor modifications. What was required?
2 things: I filed the back edges of the roller cover because the front most brackets kept it from seating fully, and I cut out the inside edges of the plastic bed siderail covers just enough to allow room for the heads of the carriage bolts used to secure the tonneau adapter brackets to the Trail Rail.

Sponsored

Vegas_Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Retired
2 things: I filed the back edges of the roller cover because the front most brackets kept it from seating fully, and I cut out the inside edges of the plastic bed siderail covers just enough to allow room for the heads of the carriage bolts used to secure the tonneau adapter brackets to the Trail Rail.
I think I can picture what your describing. I have the Roll n lock and I’ve been eyeing the RCI set up. Seems to be the only one out there that will work, besides fabricating. Thanks for posting.

Vegas_Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Retired

I’ve got the rollnlock and can barely fit my dometic CFX3-35 under it (and I mean it actually touches the fridge lid, but still closes). That’s with a bare, no liner bed. It’s because because of the metal edge at the end of the cover that hangs lower than the rest of the cover. Once closed, there’s probably 1.5” of space or so between the lid of the fridge and the underside of the tonneau cover. So I just toss my fridge on the back seat on a towel so the feet don’t leave impressions in the pleather.

jeepfreakedc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Hey bro, how are you liking the RCI rack? I just ordered one.
Sponsored