Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
Awesome. Do you make the little adapter to add the key to the keyring also, or is there a link for that . Either way, sign me up. When can I buy one?
I have been playing with some keyring adapters for the key and we will offer a solution for the key. I expect we'll roll out the fob for sale in Jan. I can't wait for the beta feedback, the beta fobs are shipping tomorrow.
Sponsored

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
I have been playing with some keyring adapters for the key and we will offer a solution for the key. I expect we'll roll out the fob for sale in Jan. I can't wait for the beta feedback, the beta fobs are shipping tomorrow.
Looks fantastic. Super excited for the whole kit and caboodle. When it's ready for retail you'll have a line waiting.

SA Stu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
this looks outstanding, i'll be ready to buy when you're all done the testing and into production, looks awesome and bump to see this on each page going forward! heck i'd take a red one now for my manual, just lock/unlock and panic, i can emt or visa or whatever lol, just private message me if it's an option yet
Looks Amazing, Feel free to reach out regarding any 3d help. When do you think this will be ready for purchase or are you going to open source it?

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
I love the red one. I am a buyer for sure.

I don't get the one without buttons. Please explain...

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek

If you have the proximity system, you don't necessarily need buttons. Except the remote start. So basically you'd be limiting yourself to Uconnect app remote starting. But hey, this whole fob thing is about silly little choices.

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
You will likely be getting my $$ as well! I dig the clear option!!

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase

I have a base Sport with no keyless (nor power door locks) and do not have remote start, hence no buttons needed.

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
I’m so bummed I fell of the face of the earth for a few weeks and missed the beta sign up!
I love the dark design with the mud tracks and can’t wait to order a 3-button version when you get these going!!

Sponsored

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Some people with proximity systems don't need buttons, they just need the fob.
If you have some kiddos in the back seat and so have the rear doors on but the front doors off then once you start driving and the doors lock when you stop you either have to use the fob to unlock the back doors, cause your front door is gone, or reach into the rear door to unlock from the inside.

Unless the proximity system includes the rear door handles too, I wouldn't know as I don't have it but I do experience the scenario above.

Lucky1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator max tow - 2011 honda odyssey
20201219_085755.jpg

Received my beta fob yesterday in the mail. Laid out my back up gladiator fob, my current loaner Cherokee fob, and the new DILab fob for comparison. I can't wait to get my truck back hopefully on Monday and start using this little guy. I need to tear apart my large fob and get the inside flipped to the new one! This new one is so much easier to carry as I've already played around with it.

Deathstar

First Name
Quark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Reading posts
Received my fob carcass yesterday too. Was too impatient to wait for the DI Labs video so I watched some other video on YouTube about removing the innards. It is very straightforward. The only fiddly part is removing the transponder. It is in there pretty snug. A razor blade seems to be the best tool for the job. Or maybe a feeler gauge would work well too. Anyway, the innards swap over easily. The transponder has its own slot on the other half of the carcass. One torx screw to put it together (the other end has a tab and slot interference connection) and it is ready to roll. All the buttons work fine. It is small. It is light. It has no switchblade. I suppose the only other thing one loses (in addition to girth, length and weight) is the ability to use the key. I have never used the key but I guess it does work in the lockable compartment. All told, a very worthwhile tradeoff. Nice job DI Labs!! Looking to get one in a color at some point. Now need to downsize my keychain trinket.

E1106361-5AF9-4929-8A41-E2F72C38390A.jpeg

Deathstar

First Name
Quark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Reading posts
Looking at it now maybe carcass is the wrong term. Sarcophagus seems somewhat more apt. Thing looks like a little coffin so maybe that is a styling option.

PresidentGod

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Army AGR
If you’re making a list of people to contact once you start producing these, please add me to it. I’ll take two of the ones with no buttons. These look amazing!

Also for you other Sport model owners out there, you can buy blank SIP22 keys on eBay. I ordered a ten pack for $13 shipped today.
Sponsored