Re-engineering the brick (keyfob)

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
All these smaller fob looks great, but it's a shame that we have to resorted to 20+year old technology, with still having to carry a separate key.
Do these Tesla's that are so convenient have a 'disconnect from the hive' feature? You know, where you want to own and have full control over your own vehicle and mode of transportation? Should the corporate govt. oligarchs decide your movements should be restricted it would be nice to know no one could take over 'your' car at any point should you so choose...afterall it is 'your' car right? Or did you pay for your own enslavement?

Being able to see the future is a gift apparently. Carry on being sold 'in the name of convenience' your own enslavement, get that chip in your hand, it goes perfect with the future plans of the few.

The further this goes along y'all comfort addicted short sited programmed folks about to see what you've been led into...some phrase about sheep to slaughter comes to mind. Don't look at me...I didn't say that phrase, but those 'few' I'm talking about did...and they said it about us.

Anyway, I'm annoyed there's an 'air' link between fob and ignition, that should be a manual link. And you won't find me driving anything I don't fully own. Ie; anything connected to the hive that can be jacked from my control at any point via thin air. Carry on....baa baa. ;)

So Swamp, still all about that chip in your hand? I suppose cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias will keep you all about it until dang nears the end of the line eh? My posts will age well, will see how some of the posts here age. ;)
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
LOL!! What about the chip in my hand? You have always refused to tell me exactly how it's of any danger to me.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
LOL!! What about the chip in my hand? You have always refused to tell me exactly how it's of any danger to me.
It's your journey bud, like many things going on in the world right now I could lay a stack of facts in front of you but you won't be able to see or hear them. Waking from a cult is a diy thing but don't you worry, they want us all chipped, think of it as modern ear tags, that will allow you access to life...at first it will be 'as you see fit' (sold as convenience) but the long game is then 'as they see fit'. We as a whole are lousy at seeing the future...but if you look for it bud...they actually tell you themselves. Just be mindful of that cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias (ie; remove any and all ego so you can hear it regardless of comfort level) and once you realize...you'll have that thing out of your hand before you can say lickity split. And also probably start looking for a all mechanical 4 or 6 bt powered machine so no one can tether and control your steed either lol.

Let's see how these posts age in another year or so, it's currently at 16 or 17 to zero for the conspiracy theorists at this point...maybe there's some who can see the future better than others. ;)

Seriously, it's been likely a year since we did this, look how far we've come...lets see where we're at in another year lol. Adapt or die remember? We shall see who could see and who couldn't. Now I'm expecting a thorough bashing, you're good at that. Bring it captain convenience and technology is so awesome it could never be implemented and used for bad. :LOL:

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
Who let the dogs out ? LOL

Sponsored

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
Wow! Stopped by to hear about options for a plastic doohickey...when did the cool-aid consumption begin??

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Meanwhile, back on topic...

I got a new puppy today!

No, wait...

lol

Kevin

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Meanwhile, back on topic...

I got a new puppy today!

No, wait...

lol

Kevin
Your vet will recommend getting it chipped, under the pretense of safety. Don't let him drag you into the conspiracy. This is how "they" track you and now have the ability to steer your Jeep off a cliff if you take the dog for a ride. Don't say I didn't warn you.

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
I purchased the AJT as well. i knocked the pin out of the knuckle and put the key in the back of the fob as described, and im happy. I wish they were 20 dollars a piece, not 40, and i wish the battery was not such a pain in the D*** bc i struggled. I found a better solution than the dude 'just put at an angle like this and it goes together just like that.' Thank you so much shaky hands, it didnt help.

I took the buttons out to hold the battery then worked them back in. legit 2 minutes versus struggling for 30 minutes.

im happy with the purchase, but i think they are expensive for what they are.

Sponsored

Boston Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
For all we know, we already can. But you and I have very little chance of finding out.

The Hertz deal is good, I recently needed a car for a trip and was going to have to drive a few hours from the airport. Tried to find any modern electric, but no way. Also, Musk has promised that the electrics will gain the ability to "know" us from our digital key, just like our private cars, and auto-configure themselves.

Owning a Tesla makes you realize the 257 friction points and administrative annoyances you've taken for granted with normal cars. I sometimes forget to turn off the Jeep if I drive it. Because you just walk away from the Tesla.
Keep your rental paper work. Hertz has no idea where their cars are. When they can't find it they report it stolen and you are arrested! Best of Luck!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Keep your rental paper work. Hertz has no idea where their cars are. When they can't find it they report it stolen and you are arrested! Best of Luck!
When a customer requests an extension of the rental and there's a problem charging their credit card, yes.

Here's the facts from the lawsuit against Hertz:

The customer calls Hertz to request an extension, and the company places a temporary hold for payment on the credit or debit card the customer used to rent the car.
If that hold fails to go through, for instance because a customer is close to their credit-card limit and hasn't yet paid their bill, Hertz reports the car as stolen "by conversion" to local law enforcement.

It happens, but per 10,000 rentals, it's a pretty small number.

Boston Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
It's your journey bud, like many things going on in the world right now I could lay a stack of facts in front of you but you won't be able to see or hear them. Waking from a cult is a diy thing but don't you worry, they want us all chipped, think of it as modern ear tags, that will allow you access to life...at first it will be 'as you see fit' (sold as convenience) but the long game is then 'as they see fit'. We as a whole are lousy at seeing the future...but if you look for it bud...they actually tell you themselves. Just be mindful of that cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias (ie; remove any and all ego so you can hear it regardless of comfort level) and once you realize...you'll have that thing out of your hand before you can say lickity split. And also probably start looking for a all mechanical 4 or 6 bt powered machine so no one can tether and control your steed either lol.

Let's see how these posts age in another year or so, it's currently at 16 or 17 to zero for the conspiracy theorists at this point...maybe there's some who can see the future better than others. ;)

Seriously, it's been likely a year since we did this, look how far we've come...lets see where we're at in another year lol. Adapt or die remember? We shall see who could see and who couldn't. Now I'm expecting a thorough bashing, you're good at that. Bring it captain convenience and technology is so awesome it could never be implemented and used for bad. :LOL:
Ask them how many people out there have an Alexa device(s)?
Ask them how many times the iPhone tries to answer a question when you are not asking it?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Ask them how many people out there have an Alexa device(s)?
Ask them how many times the iPhone tries to answer a question when you are not asking it?
Don't have an iphone or any apple device except an ipod I use once in a while and my wife has an ipod she uses a lot but we hate the PC-based software. It sucks.
We do have alexa and it blows the google device out of the water - far more accurate in everything it does.
The google device will start jabbering when I tell Pickle to stop picking on Yawnie or say something else it thinks I am directing at it.
Sponsored