Sponsored

Re-engineering the brick (keyfob)

bestofbothworlds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
I am interested to see how this turns out. The current FOB is just to big and bulky.

Any estimate on when this may be available?
Sponsored

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
thinner works, any improvement, dimensionally and weight wise, so it no longer doubles as a defense weapon ;) i find a full size iphone more comfortable in a pocket than this chunk o junk

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I think the problem here is the internals. The AJT keyfob is still quite large to me and that seems to be dictated by the relatively large size of the internal circuit board.

Size comparison between AJT and Stock from AJT's website. It's a little less wide but not by much in my opinion.

1603387608191.png

Forgive the below screen capture as it's from Quadratec's YouTube video on AJT's product but you can see how large the internals are. There really isn't much room to make the key less wide, you could however make it a little less tall perhaps. I would be interested in how much size reduction is actually possible.

1603388111059.png
I think for me, we can definitely get rid of a key ring hole...the fob is so big that putting any extra keys on it is very cumbersome in your pocket and I AM NOT going to holster a key. That would at least shrink the length of the fob. The AJT fob has unneeded size in my opinion too because it uses screws opposed to just snapping together (may be necessary for maintaining the seal to be waterproof)

Rupicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2013 JKU Moab
Occupation
VP of Finance
Count me in!

CarajoCoño

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Occupation
Military
I agree and have contacted an automotive locksmith who will produce for me a new non-jeep FOB and an unattached regular laser cut key.
What's the price for someone like this? Keep us posted

Sponsored

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Interested of course!

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I'd like to add another idea- make the panic button a little less convenient to hit. I have never accidently set off the alarm on a vehicle in my life, but have managed to do it three times this week, alone.

CarajoCoño

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Occupation
Military
I'd like to add another idea- make the panic button a little less convenient to hit. I have never accidently set off the alarm on a vehicle in my life, but have managed to do it three times this week, alone.
Sure would suck to not be able to hit it if you needed it, though... I think someone mentioned recessing the buttons.. that would help a lot i think

Sponsored

PootBaver

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IT
A little late to the party, but count me in.

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
I think everyone's going the wrong way about this.....

Due to the size of the internals of the OE fob, & wanting to include the key inside it somehow. It's always going to end up around the size it is.

So, then you're modifiying the board inside, or engineering a new one.

When, IMO at that point, you would almost be better off finding a way to code/cut a new Key..

I'll be the fist to admit, I would pay GOOD money. If someone could make a new* Grand Cherokee Key work.... Something that you could follow a simple sync/learn procedure on, and get cut, for it to function.

TOMB21-MAIN1-768x864.jpg

https://northcoastkeyless.com/produ...b-remote-start-fcc-m3n-40821302-p-n-68143500/

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
If only all the hate for the JEEP Key Fob could be harnessed and used to do good :LOL:

love-meme-pictures-1.jpg

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
If only all the hate for the JEEP Key Fob could be harnessed and used to do good :LOL:
We could have built a new moon rocket and lander with the amount of time and energy wasted on this. It's been a hilarious insight into what people will obsess about though.
Sponsored