First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
I'm getting ready to swap out my Mojave factory plastic rear bumper for a Gladiator Rubicon rear bumper.

It's below freezing here, 22 degrees. When removing the sensors from the bumper, I understand you gently pry the sensor housing, top and bottom allowing clip to be free, and sensor to pop out.

My question is, are those sensor plastic housings brittle when frozen or are they still manageable. Would it be better to take bumper inside, warm it up before removing the 4 sensors.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Plastic is much easier to work with when warm. I would not try to do it outside when it's that cold. I don't have a place to work inside, so it would have to wait until Spring for me.

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Warm it up with a hair drier
X2! I’ve been working on cars for years and the only way to not break plastic in the winter is to warm it up first.

OP
OP
EXTORTION

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Guess, I'll be taking the bumper off and taking it inside , let it warm up to room temperature, before doing the transfers. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
EXTORTION

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Well, for anyone doing a Mojave rear plastic bumper swap with a Gladiator Rubicon bumper swap. You will need a few parts that are not interchangeable.

You will need the 4 sensor holder(2 piece type) as the Mojave sensor holders are not removable. Also the license plate bezel and mount bracket are not interchangeable as the are different shapes.

I will let you know on the actual license plate light once the holder arrives. Fingers crossed the Mojave Light will fit the Rubicon bracket

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Well, for anyone doing a Mojave rear plastic bumper swap with a Gladiator Rubicon bumper swap. You will need a few parts that are not interchangeable.

You will need the 4 sensor holder(2 piece type) as the Mojave sensor holders are not removable. Also the license plate bezel and mount bracket are not interchangeable as the are different shapes.

I will let you know on the actual license plate light once the holder arrives. Fingers crossed the Mojave Light will fit the Rubicon bracket
Oh interesting, thanks for sharing this information. Keep us posted on your progress.

MWhite1955

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Oh interesting, thanks for sharing this information. Keep us posted on your progress.
Can not certify these to be correct, but according to BAM, this is what I need and what I ordered for my Overland to Rubicon rear bumper swap. These are for license plate lights. I do not have the sensors on mine and just ordered plugs from Amazon.

Rear Bumper Bezel, Right
Product ID: 6TC48RXFAA

Rear Bumper Bezel, Left
Product ID: 6TC49RXFAA

License Lamp Bracket, Right
Product ID: 6TC50RXFAA

License Lamp Bracket, Left
Product ID: 6TC51RXFAA
Sponsored