Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
Mine came with the soft top. It has the wiring harness and connector inside a cover at the driver's side back seat corner, and has the button on the dash for rear defrost.
I have the wiring but not the button but have found several on eBay.

nilos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I'm having an issue with my hardtop - been a while since anyone has posted on this thread but I thought I'd try here first. I have a 2021 WIllys Sport that came from the factory with a soft top. It also came with with the 5 inch Uconnect and HVAC controls with no rear defrost button. A while back, I upgraded to the 8.4 and the dual control HVAC unit (from Infotainment) that gave me the volume control, rear defrost button, etc. More recently, I added a hardtop. Bought it from Quadratec. Installed it, rear connector for the defroster is there, connected it but rear defrost button won't light up. Any ideas?

Sponsored

nilos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I'm having an issue with my hardtop - been a while since anyone has posted on this thread but I thought I'd try here first. I have a 2021 WIllys Sport that came from the factory with a soft top. It also came with with the 5 inch Uconnect and HVAC controls with no rear defrost button. A while back, I upgraded to the 8.4 and the dual control HVAC unit (from Infotainment) that gave me the volume control, rear defrost button, etc. More recently, I added a hardtop. Bought it from Quadratec. Installed it, rear connector for the defroster is there, connected it but rear defrost button won't light up. Any ideas?
UPDATE: In case anyone is following, took the Gladiator to the Dealership and they could not determine why the defroster would not work and said by the head technician "in 35 years, never seen anything like this". They think that maybe the PCM does not have the option? Not sure I understand how that's a PCM hardware issue or that Chrysler would put a different PCM in a Willys Sport that couldn't support a rear defroster.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
UPDATE: In case anyone is following, took the Gladiator to the Dealership and they could not determine why the defroster would not work and said by the head technician "in 35 years, never seen anything like this". They think that maybe the PCM does not have the option? Not sure I understand how that's a PCM hardware issue or that Chrysler would put a different PCM in a Willys Sport that couldn't support a rear defroster.
I'm assuming they uploaded the software that would include the defrost option? It seems like if you have all the hardware it would be a programming problem.

nilos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
That's what I thought but they said no and that the read out did not show it as an available code. But I have a thought - if you look at the wiring diagram for the Defogger System, it says the relay for the rear window defogger is on the PCB. Right next to it shows the ground and says Circuit Board (Non Serviceable). Is the PCB it references potentially the PDC - aka- fuse box?

Attachments

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
people with hard tops want soft tops and soft tops want hard LOL
Sponsored