Rear fender chop cover

bblan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
It's been done and you see the video proof.

Use the body line as your guide, use good, heavy bodied painters tape to protect the paint, take your time, follow the line. Probably need a file to clean up the edges and then some paint to cover the bare metal.
đź‘Ť
Sponsored

GMag

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
It's been done and you see the video proof.

Use the body line as your guide, use good, heavy bodied painters tape to protect the paint, take your time, follow the line. Probably need a file to clean up the edges and then some paint to cover the bare metal.
We’d love to see the video if you have a link. Like I said the video I linked doesn’t show the how just the results but he cut across to the rear. We were thinking of just cutting the portion behind the wheel.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I did that same mod to mine and installed the EVO High N Tight bumper. Cut along the body lines and take your time. If you watched the video, the muffler will be the lowest point. Mine is a diesel and we just cut the exhaust near the axle as noted in the last picture.
Jeep Gladiator Rear fender chop cover IMG_0319
Jeep Gladiator Rear fender chop cover IMG_0320
Jeep Gladiator Rear fender chop cover IMG_0321
Jeep Gladiator Rear fender chop cover IMG_0339

GMag

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks very clean that way. I still have the factory bumper so I just removed the flap extending below. I used a dremmel with a cut off wheel, then took a grinder with a light sanding flap wheel to smooth it back towards my desired line. Only took two beers worth of courage. Just need to touch up the edge with some paint now. I need to remove the heat shield since I can’t fit a 40” down there and I may do the same to my exhaust as yours came out pretty clean looking.

IMG_2556.jpeg

IMG_2555.jpeg

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
Looks very clean that way. I still have the factory bumper so I just removed the flap extending below. I used a dremmel with a cut off wheel, then took a grinder with a light sanding flap wheel to smooth it back towards my desired line. Only took two beers worth of courage. Just need to touch up the edge with some paint now. I need to remove the heat shield since I can’t fit a 40” down there and I may do the same to my exhaust as yours came out pretty clean looking.

Jeep Gladiator Rear fender chop cover IMG_2555

Jeep Gladiator Rear fender chop cover IMG_2555
Even though we have a JLUR, I wanted to be able to rock crawl this one too. My spare in in the bed with and between the bumper and the spare I gained about 7" in the rear, departure angle is now similar to the JLUR.
Sponsored