Fender chop quandry

JTNARJ

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Altitude
OK, so I have decided a fender chop is in my future, as I have a '22 Altitude and like my painted flares. I've tried to research this to death and I think I've confused myself or something. Hopefully someone can clarify.

MOST (not all) kits I've looked at indicate they fit Rubicon flares, which of course I don't have. A few delineate between Rubicon, Mojave and Max Tow, but I have an Altitude, which is in essence a Sport S.

I think I have identified the following as fitting/not fitting my fenders. If I'm wrong, let me know, and if someone knows of another brand I should check out I'd love to hear about it.

Fits:
Quake 9.5x0.75 kit
AAL
Rugged Ridge

Does not fit:
Infinite Offroad
Artec
Motobilt
Stinger Offroad
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTNARJ

JTNARJ

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Altitude

bblan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Both the quake kit and AAL kits say for Rubicon fenders only. Quake made a kit at one time for Sahara models. We put them on the wife's JLU. The difference in the fenders are the just the height and width. Her quake lights sit just to the inside of the fender on both sides. Not really noticeable unless you are looking for it. Picture attached.
Jeep Gladiator Fender chop quandry Jeep 3

Sponsored

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
OK, so I have decided a fender chop is in my future, as I have a '22 Altitude and like my painted flares. I've tried to research this to death and I think I've confused myself or something. Hopefully someone can clarify.

MOST (not all) kits I've looked at indicate they fit Rubicon flares, which of course I don't have. A few delineate between Rubicon, Mojave and Max Tow, but I have an Altitude, which is in essence a Sport S.

I think I have identified the following as fitting/not fitting my fenders. If I'm wrong, let me know, and if someone knows of another brand I should check out I'd love to hear about it.

Fits:
Quake 9.5x0.75 kit
AAL
Rugged Ridge

Does not fit:
Infinite Offroad
Artec
Motobilt
Stinger Offroad
Are your flares 1 piece or 2 piece? On the base Sport models, they're 1 piece, and CANNOT be chopped easily. Looking at some High Altitudes, it looks like they're painted versions of the 1 piece flares.

While there are some fender chop kits for the low mount fenders, they need to be the 2 piece design.

I had a Rugged Ridge chop kit on my 1 piece Sport flares, but I had to cut them up with a Dremel to make it work. And they didn't look right to be honest. Only kept them for 2 months.

Jeep Gladiator Fender chop quandry IMG_5015.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Fender chop quandry IMG_5016.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Fender chop quandry IMG_5080.JPG

OP
OP
JTNARJ

JTNARJ

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Altitude
Both the quake kit and AAL kits say for Rubicon fenders only.
AAL now has two models - one for Rubicon/Mojave and one for Sahara/Overland/Sport S

Quake now apparently has three different variants. (Hence a lot of my confusion.)

OP
OP
JTNARJ

JTNARJ

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Altitude
Are your flares 1 piece or 2 piece? On the base Sport models, they're 1 piece, and CANNOT be chopped easily. Looking at some High Altitudes, it looks like they're painted versions of the 1 piece flares.

While there are some fender chop kits for the low mount fenders, they need to be the 2 piece design.
I hadn't seen these fenders - mine are two piece and the upper is body colored.

bblan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
AAL now has two models - one for Rubicon/Mojave and one for Sahara/Overland/Sport S

Quake now apparently has three different variants. (Hence a lot of my confusion.)
My apologies, I did not click on the options tab (only read the description). My thoughts with you having two piece painted flares, you should have the same fenders as a Sahara or Overland model. @AllMoparParts.com should be able to confirm this.
Sponsored