Best fender chop kit?

JD101

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon , 2021 JLU
I run quake but still haven't split the fenders and have stock liners . Really cleans up the fenders . Quakes have been great fit and function. The brackets need seasonal painting up in the rust belt.
Sponsored

cannonFodder

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I had Quake slim chopped when they came out and had some issues too. But they will not reply to your IG messages for warranty issues that person is hired for strictly marketing. You have to contact them through the warranty links on thier site. Warranty replies were fast, fill out the RMA forms and send them in. I was able to pay a fraction of the cost to change out to the smoked model by keeping my old brackets and they sent me just the smoked lights to install. But again you've got to email the warranty dept.
I have reached out repeatedly to their contact us function, as well as the email in their contact info link. I am aware of how to go about reaching out re: warranty issues.

The limiting of replies on instagram was just a secondary thought process, though it does still stand out as a big red flag from a company to limit who replies to their posts. That’s usually done to limit the impact of a “oh shit” moment, and not an open policy for social media. I can’t think of another company that I have interacted with that also limits things like that.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be happy to pass this request along to our team!

However, our new Elite Max Headlights include SAE-compliant turn signals built into the Max model.

3:35 - SAE-Complaint Safe Turn Signal Function if running a fender chop

If I use the max headlights on a front fender chop do I need to add any other lighting? Side markers, etc?

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro
If I use the max headlights on a front fender chop do I need to add any other lighting? Side markers, etc?
You do not! Since our Elite Series Max Headlights feature an SAE-compliant front turn signal, you can chop your fenders and still be within the rules of the road.

Sponsored

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mohave, 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo
Occupation
Financial Retirement Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Cool idea but not an option for me since I already have the factory LED's. After reading this info I'm going to order the Quake LED lights smoked. The "yellowing" of the clear looks like shit

undert0e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
Adventure Addict
Thread resurrection…..

Any pics of the motobilt brackets and the small LEDs. Kinda shying away from the quake setup.

mendiola21

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Active Duty Marine
Anyone running the rugged ridge set for a while now? Curious how the LEDs faired in comparison to the AAL kits yellowing

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Anyone running the rugged ridge set for a while now? Curious how the LEDs faired in comparison to the AAL kits yellowing
Not an exact match, but I've had both the chopped fender kit and the stand alone lights, so this still applies. They use the same lights for both sets.

This is my set of Rugged Ridge LED Fender lights after 2 years of sitting outside in the southwest desert sun, that's over 600 days of sunlight! The only maintenance I do is a car wash with 3 in 1 wash/wax/ceramic from Griots Garage that I buy from Autozone once or twice a month.

No sign of fading or yellowing, and still shine white. My vote is for Rugged Ridge.

Lights off and lights on in the middle of the day.

IMG_9056[1].JPG

IMG_9057[1].JPG

IMG_9059[1].JPG

IMG_9060[1].JPG

mendiola21

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Active Duty Marine
Ae
Not an exact match, but I've had both the chopped fender kit and the stand alone lights, so this still applies. They use the same lights for both sets.

This is my set of Rugged Ridge LED Fender lights after 2 years of sitting outside in the southwest desert sun, that's over 600 days of sunlight! The only maintenance I do is a car wash with 3 in 1 wash/wax/ceramic from Griots Garage that I buy from Autozone once or twice a month.

No sign of fading or yellowing, and still shine white. My vote is for Rugged Ridge.

Jeep Gladiator Best fender chop kit? IMG_9060[1].JPG

awesome just got mine in.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

did you repurpose your factory liner somehow with this or is that part of the RR fenders?

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
did you repurpose your factory liner somehow with this or is that part of the RR fenders?
The RR kit came with a set of plastic (polypropylene) rear fenders. For the front's, RR wants you to trim the factory fender liners, but I hated the way they looked unfinished, so I went with Paramount ABS front fender liners, to keep things light and to match the rears as best as possible.

Unfortunately, the Paramount fender liners are discontinued from what I hear.

I did a write-up on the fenders here if you want to learn more about them.

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro
"Elevate your Jeep JL’s appearance and visibility with the revolutionary High Line Fender Brace with Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), brought to you by American Adventure Lab. In an exciting partnership with Diode Dynamics, we’ve redefined expectations for off-road lighting solutions. These new lights are a game-changer, and we’re thrilled to see them illuminate your path in the wild."

https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-high-line-fender-brace-with-daytime-running-lights/