Rear suspension

ducatijosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Ive got a Clayton 2.5” lift with fox 2.0 shocks. When I hit a bump in the road or train tracks the rear end kind of bounces left right left right rather than up and down. Is there anything I can do about this? Is it normal?

Stiffer sway bar?
Something not right / symmetrical?
Better shocks?

Just curious.

It does it hitting bumps with both sides like train tracks, I guess you could expect this with a one sided bump.
Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Assuming no major issues with lift, my guess is how axle articulates with track bar.
I put on the Rock Krawler pro-x 4 link that eliminates the track bar and I think stuff like this is drastically reduced

OP
OP

ducatijosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assuming no major issues with lift, my guess is how axle articulates with track bar.
I put on the Rock Krawler pro-x 4 link that eliminates the track bar and I think stuff like this is drastically reduced

Good call. That makes a lot of sense.

Thanks!

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Search here on “rear steer.” When you lift the truck but leave the stock track bar mounts, now the track bar isn’t parallel to the ground any more. So when you compress the rear suspension, that angle means there’s a sideways shove coming through the track bar.

Relocate the axle side track bar mount (several kits available for this, I have Teraflex) upward so the track bar is flat again at its normal ride height, and it’s much reduced. It was really noticeable on my truck with 2.5” of lift in back.

The Pro-X system also solves this problem, though do note it’s not compatible with the diesel engine.

OP
OP

ducatijosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Search here on “rear steer.” When you lift the truck but leave the stock track bar mounts, now the track bar isn’t parallel to the ground any more. So when you compress the rear suspension, that angle means there’s a sideways shove coming through the track bar.

Relocate the axle side track bar mount (several kits available for this, I have Teraflex) upward so the track bar is flat again at its normal ride height, and it’s much reduced. It was really noticeable on my truck with 2.5” of lift in back.

The Pro-X system also solves this problem, though do note it’s not compatible with the diesel engine.

Thanks for the info, the things we have to do to make Jeeps not drive like Jeeps.
Sponsored