Rebate gone

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
When searching for the right JT, I wanted the max tow, 2.72 transfer case, and auxiliary switches. After driving one,, I wanted the soft top. I was also impressed by the 8-speed auto and the 7" radio My wife wanted the heated seats. I found the right one on the lot. We have been reading a lot about there being many JTs at dealerships. If I had not found one easily with the equipment I wanted, I could have gone to jeep.com and checked inventory using different zip codes to search around the country for the right one to adopt.
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
This is exactly why I compromised and just bought off the lot. Ended up at 12% under invoice, an excellent value for my trade-in, and driving home in my Jeep instead of a 4-6 week wait and a crapshoot on what I'd be paying. I didn't buy anything extra I didn't want and didn't miss out on anything that I can't get aftermarket.

Same but I only got 7.5% below invoice and got a fairly good deal on my trade in (Honda Civic that had been in 3 collisions but no damage or repairs needed, just scuffed bumper pain from low imact)

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Wow you must have went pretty different as well. Never searched mine but guessing it wouldn't turn up any matches.
Mine was the same way when the dealer did a nationwide search. They turned up nothing that had the options I wanted and none of the options I didn't want. It seemed odd to me because my option set wasn't anything weird or crazy.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Well, we have a camper but use it as a base at the lake rather than tow it from place to place. We rented a site for the season last year at a private camp ground, but they're raising their rates significantly without any improvements to the camp ground (and it really needs some!). Hence, the desire for a spot of our own. We love the camper, good luck when time to shop for one. Lots of choices out there.

My unicorn is/was a JTR, Gator, Saddle, Painted HT with black fenders, no Safety pak. Some other stuff but these items are enough to make it really unusual apparently. I have no issue with ordering one.

To bring this back to topic (kinda); I've tried to talk myself into a Sport S (with rebate) but pretty sure it's Rubi or not at all for me.
I was also thinking further down the road land would be nice as well due to the pain it would be to tow all the time.

It has got to be the black fenders with the Painted HT doing it to you. I have usually only seen painted fenders and black top, or entire vehicle color matching.

velogeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Max Tow
Same but I only got 7.5% below invoice and got a fairly good deal on my trade in (Honda Civic that had been in 3 collisions but no damage or repairs needed, just scuffed bumper pain from low imact)
Only reason I say excellent value is that they gave me average book value with bumper damage I got a $2,200 check for. I fully disclosed the damage and they said they weren't going to worry about it so I basically got to drive a Tacoma for 20 months for $4k.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I'm waiting for the Mohave Desert Rated version to come out plus the diesel. Dealers telling me anywhere from this summer to next Jan for the diesel option. Just hoping the diesel will be available with the Mohave.

Would love to have a tan interior but the only thing tan is the seats, which makes it look like an afterthought not a factory set up. I remember when you ordered tan you got a tan dash tan door panels and other tan trim including carpet.

The one local dealer here has 7 or 8 Gladiators on the lot, they are all pretty equipped and half are Rubicons. They tend to order for stock with the options most often bought. What disappoints me is what you are forced to get or forced to loose depending on what model you build on Jeep.com. If I remember correctly, if you order color matching fenders on the S model, you can't get the 8.4" radio option. There are a few other crazy things too.

As far as rebates and discounts, look for big ones on all Wranglers when the new Ford Bronco comes out.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
What disappoints me is what you are forced to get or forced to loose depending on what model you build on Jeep.com. If I remember correctly, if you order color matching fenders on the S model, you can't get the 8.4" radio option. There are a few other crazy things too.
I have mixed feelings regarding limited options on certain trim levels. They've opened some options that weren't previously available which I appreciate.

Regarding a Jeep.com build and the 8.4" radio on the S, try re-adding it after the matching fenders remove it. I found that some options cancelled another option, but the site let me add it back afterward ending up with a combo it previously negated. Very strange.

Also, some dealers were completely locked out of ordering the Sport S trim level, but could order Overland and Rubicon trim levels. I saw it on their screen, so I know he wasn't just giving me a line. At the same time, Koon's in VA was able to place my Sport S order. The inconsistency kinda wacky. To keep this on topic, Koon's said I'm likely to take delivery before the end of the month. I still might get the $2000 rebate after all!

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
The build tool on Jeep's website is kinda flaky. You're better off consulting the build guide. It has all those dependencies and exclusions noted.

OP
OP

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
I ordered a sport s with max tow. It wouldn't let the factory add the side steps. Not a big deal as it's a simple straight forward add-on, but I thought it was strange.

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
So true I feel your pain. I wanted a rubicon with a soft top, that alone made it pretty much an order only. Then by the time you added in all the features I didn't want that Rubicons tend to come with off the lot my odds were lower. Add in the Gator color, and I probably have the only one specked like this in the country. lol
Hopefully you aren't too close to Charlotte. I'm about to order a Gator with a soft top

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
I live in Parkland, FL. Love my truck. Hated the wait but glad I ordered custom.

White Sport S soft top with max tow
8.4" Alpine radio
Safety group
Aux switches
Tan interior
bedliner
Mopar tri-fold hard tonneau

I couldn't be happier. I added Mopar side steps, grab handles, tinted the windows, and added cargo net to bed so stuff wouldn't slide around while I use it as a trunk. Couldn't be happier. My big worry was loose steering. Mine's tight. Can't complain. Only issue is climate control is finicky, but I either do max cold or have roof off to fix that. Lol.

328ED47D-9BC6-43B6-B45F-3929AED47EAD.jpeg

517DB9ED-C3C9-47BA-8533-B37CDD9BDB58.jpeg

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Hopefully you aren't too close to Charlotte. I'm about to order a Gator with a soft top
Lol it looks like there may be a second one in this area. I don't make my way up to charlotte much, but am in Waxhaw a ton.
Sponsored