OP

JeepChak12

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda Miata GT
it is true, order banks closed mid month. No orders for any 2020s are being taken. If you try it will force you into a 2021 Model now. I’ve had a few of my customers that we ordered 2020s at the beginning of the month and they’ve been flipped to 2021s already as the bank is closed on it.

Are the 2021 colors visible or are they just the remaining 2020 colors but build as 2021 models?
Sponsored

Last edited:

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I think the statement was that dealers told him they could not take any orders, this was in the last few days. That is an outright falsehood. Whether it's a 2020 or a 2021, they can take an order for a Gladiator now. At this point in time who wouldn't want a 2021, because when you take possession of a 2020 now or in Sept and anytime in between, it takes on the value of a 1 year old vehicle no matter how many miles it has on it in both the KBB or dealer Black Book once the 2021s are released. Having said that, my dealer said that 2021s won't be available until the end of the year. They are still ordering 2020s and Jeep is not closing for the summer as they normally do to keep up with all the demand for Wranglers and Ram trucks.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I had two dealers tell me the the Rubicon didn’t come in Punk’N. Odd that one is in my driveway now.
Funny how that works out. Got to love the lies they will spin. If you are not completely satisfied they have a higher chance of getting you to sell and buy another one in a few years.

it is true, order banks closed mid month. No orders for any 2020s are being taken. If you try it will force you into a 2021 Model now. I’ve had a few of my customers that we ordered 2020s at the beginning of the month and they’ve been flipped to 2021s already as the bank is closed on it.

many people thinkthat dealers and salespeople are lying and using it as tactics. I for one used to think that, but now that I work on this side of it I know it’s true when we say it.
I am not saying all are bad at all., or lying. It looks like there is a lot of trueth in the end of the year senario this time. There are just some that do flat out lie to try to get the sale now. None of the dealers in my area wanted to bother with an order of a guaranteed sale the day gator orders opened, I placed an order with a dealership two hours a way and they took care of me.

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military

many people thinkthat dealers and salespeople are lying and using it as tactics. I for one used to think that, but now that I work on this side of it I know it’s true when we say it.
I personally don't care what MY the truck is when I order it, I just would like a little bit of transparency as to what changes for the new MY? When can we expect to see that? I am sure after the initial year of production it'll be more than just colors, since the first year is "working the bugs out". If they are changing over to 2021 or have already changed over to 2021, SOMEONE out there has to know what will be different....it'd just be nice if there was somewhere to go for this information. Seems odd you can go on the website and get all the information for a truck and have it be completely wrong, when all it'd take is a call down to Marketing to say "hey guys, update the website to reflect x, y, and z".

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I personally don't care what MY the truck is when I order it, I just would like a little bit of transparency as to what changes for the new MY? When can we expect to see that? I am sure after the initial year of production it'll be more than just colors, since the first year is "working the bugs out". If they are changing over to 2021 or have already changed over to 2021, SOMEONE out there has to know what will be different....it'd just be nice if there was somewhere to go for this information. Seems odd you can go on the website and get all the information for a truck and have it be completely wrong, when all it'd take is a call down to Marketing to say "hey guys, update the website to reflect x, y, and z".
It's probably more along the lines of "Engineering emails Marketing that's there's been some product changes. Marketing then emails Web Development that Engineering said there's been product changes. Web Development then emails Engineering asking what the product changes were. Engineering emails Web Development back with the list of changes. Web Development then updates the test website and emails Marketing for approval to live with the changes. Marketing emails Web Development back and says they need to change a, b, and c on the test website. Web Development makes the changes and emails Marketing again for approval. Marketing replies back that they actually like the first version better and to go ahead with that. Web Development shakes their head and goes live with the first version. Meanwhile, Engineering emails Marketing that there's been some more product changes..."

Sponsored

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
It's probably more along the lines of "Engineering emails Marketing that's there's been some product changes. Marketing then emails Web Development that Engineering said there's been product changes. Web Development then emails Engineering asking what the product changes were. Engineering emails Web Development back with the list of changes. Web Development then updates the test website and emails Marketing for approval to live with the changes. Marketing emails Web Development back and says they need to change a, b, and c on the test website. Web Development makes the changes and emails Marketing again for approval. Marketing replies back that they actually like the first version better and to go ahead with that. Web Development shakes their head and goes live with the first version. Meanwhile, Engineering emails Marketing that there's been some more product changes..."
This guy gets it.

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse

...........but how do I know you aren't lying about this...

J/K man, thanks for the info.

OP
OP

JeepChak12

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda Miata GT
Don’t forget, there’s also some guy that has to print out the engineering change request and physically carry it down stairs to marketing when he has time. That’s his whole job... it’s real... I saw it in a movie.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I was at the dealership trying to order a new JT and was told Jeep wasn’t taking new special orders at this time. Not sure if it was a tactic to buy one of the lot or not but if it’s true it could explain a lot. I did find what I was looking for 400 miles away so I’m happy.

There's a difference between Jeep now taking orders for the 2021 models and Jeep not taking orders at all. If Thomas' dealer had explained the former, that would be honest. If he only stated the latter he would, by your account, be lying.

LJ_Viking

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Financial Manager

@JTRUBI , are you referring to all JT orders, or just orders for Gator? The day I placed my order, gator was ended (6/15/2020). I came here to post the information and @JeepChak12 beat me to it. However, I was able to order a Gobi one week ago today (Friday, June 19th). My VIN (received Tuesday) contains the letters LL which I was told by Jeep Customer Care means it will be a Model Year 2020. It'd be nice if it were MY 2021 for the reasons some have stated above, but it appears 2020 was still a go as of last week.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I just got lucky on mine. Found it online, called the dealership and told them I had secured financing and was going to come in at 5:00 to buy it. When I got to the dealership there were two other people looking at it, one waited until my deal was complete to decide on a other color. It was the only other Gator on the lot that I saw in NC at the time. Me buying it came down to what they would buy my 2010 JKU for with 132,000 miles on it. I had a number in mind and they gave it to me. I have not seen another one in my area and have been asked about it numerous times. I don't regret the color choice, plus my wife hates the color of it so she agreed that I could do as many mods as possible to it to make it look better which is a win win for me.;)

It took me 3-4yrs to build my JKU and about 4 months to get the JT about where I want it.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Are the 2021 colors visible or are they just the remaining 2020 colors but build as 2021 models?
No colours or order books are available.

As of right now we have no idea about what new will be offered. Nothing is out there for us either. Tbh I’ve found out more information about things from here and online then even from the dealer level. They don’t share much future product planning with us. Only once it gets released.

...........but how do I know you aren't lying about this...

J/K man, thanks for the info.
lol. Haha. I can tell you this, I bought my JKUR back in August 2015 At that time I tried to order a brand new one but they told me they couldn’t take orders for 2016s yet. And I settled for 2014 JKUR demo. At the time I thought my dealer was full of it and now working in the industry I found out atleast from FCAs end this time of year is when they shut down the order banks and finish out all remaining orders before they retool for the new model year.

There's a difference between Jeep now taking orders for the 2021 models and Jeep not taking orders at all. If Thomas' dealer had explained the former, that would be honest. If he only stated the latter he would, by your account, be lying.
we can’t actually place an order right now unless you reach out to an FCA rep ( which is next to impossible right now due to COVID) and have a manually placed order put in. And if you do that it will force you into a 2021 and the order can’t not be price protected or interest protected as we don’t have any pricing for those vehicles yet and there are no incentives for 2021.

I can say for a fact I have orders my customers placed with me in May thatgot switch to 2021 model year as they closed out the number of production untold for 2020.

@JTRUBI , are you referring to all JT orders, or just orders for Gator? The day I placed my order, gator was ended (6/15/2020). I came here to post the information and @JeepChak12 beat me to it. However, I was able to order a Gobi one week ago today (Friday, June 19th). My VIN (received Tuesday) contains the letters LL which I was told by Jeep Customer Care means it will be a Model Year 2020. It'd be nice if it were MY 2021 for the reasons some have stated above, but it appears 2020 was still a go as of last week.
They started off but eliminating certain colours and options first and they they closed out ordering. I’m taking it as the colours they stopped first are likely to be discontinued colours.

Playalistic

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 M715, 1973 Jeep J4000
Reports on the "Altitude" thread say Gator is not gone for 2021.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ude-model-joins-the-lineup.32211/#post-523408
I hope that's the case. I've been waiting for the ecodiesel and uconnect 5 to be available to order my truck and I might just walk away if Jeep pulled the plug on Gator.

I don't see how you can axe anything for low sales in the current environment. I'm pretty sure everything is low sales right now. Especially considering they didn't launch the color until late last year when the buying frenzy had mostly fizzled out.
Sponsored