Red Rock Bedside Sliders?

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Thanks John...got them installed and I'm happy with the sturdiness overall. I haven't tested them out yet, but they seem to be more heavy-duty than some of the competitor products I reviewed. The heavy-duty structure and wider mount of the bracket appears to be a big plus.

I'm a little worried that a hard hit could push the DV8s up into the body, but I do think it provides much better protection than nothing at all. Before installing, I realized I had some damage to my passenger bedside from some previous trail runs. I do think that these DV8s will definitely protect from further damage.

@johnparjr....was curious if you got the 6th bolt inserted on the driver side that competes with the exhaust. Like the youtube video, I found installing the last bolt was not possible w/o completely removing the exhaust. Probably not a deal-breaker, but will want to get the 6th bolt in if I ever get an after-market exhaust (not likely any time soon).

For those looking at the DV8 bedside sliders, here is the only install video on YouTube:

DV8 does not include install instructions, which is quite disconcerting. I sent them an email over a week ago asking for installation instructions, and have received no response. :(
when I emailed them about instructions they referred me to the YouTube video 😳
Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting these. These are a good savings over the factory or the DV8 and for a small trim of a bumper we may not have in 2-3-4 years, these also add a small step. I like this RedRock option.
I also just checked the factory offered choice, I had book marked- twice the price, AND they also require trimming for non-Rubicon models. These RedRock sliders are looking real good but are on back order at ET.

Swerve

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500; 2012 Jetta GLI; 2021 Jeep Mojave on order!
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
"when I emailed them about instructions they referred me to the YouTube video 😳 "

lmao, love how first 10 seconds of video guy says, "I'm not a big fan of DV8 stuff..."
Glad you shared that video, I can cross those off the list...

flyerness

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
"when I emailed them about instructions they referred me to the YouTube video 😳 "

lmao, love how first 10 seconds of video guy says, "I'm not a big fan of DV8 stuff..."
Glad you shared that video, I can cross those off the list...
I wouldn't necessarily cross them off the list. Yes, it's horrible that they offer no instructions. And worse, I got no response from my email to them asking about instructions. And even worse, they point to a homemade video that disparages their name.

I agree that's just terrible marketing. After I retire and need more $, I may go into consulting for Jeep after-market businesses....but I digress.

I'm no mechanic, yet I was able to install them w/o much issue. Pretty straight forward w/ the youtube vide.

All that aside, I installed the DV8s and like the homemade video also mentioned, I was impressed by their weight & sturdiness. Their mounting bracket was wider (and I assume sturdier) than the RedRock sliders.....very heavy-duty. While I haven't taken a hit yet, I do believe these sliders will do the job.

Is it worth twice the price over the RedRocks? Not sure, but I do think they offer better protection overall.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Bought and installed. PIA install. don't rush. I love these damn things. Big Savings, good protection. I have not added the bumper edge trim they supplied, wait for a warmer day. Don't ( do not) use a 4 inch cut off wheel. End result sucks and that plastic boiled and dripped. Be aware that the bed bars attach to side specific mounting brackets (supplied) Side specific! I wasted a little time before I had to unbolt and correct. Darn nice products at a great savings. 3 months to deliver 50 miles, so the back order will piss you off. Holds my 200 LBS and will save my knees for side access all year and deer season. 2 inch lift w 35s.

Red Rock 2.jpg

red rock 1.jpg

Sponsored

jtforrester

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I ordered the Red Rocks about a month ago when I received an email from Extreme Terrain stating they were back in stock. I ordered on a Friday night and they were at my house Sunday morning. Impressive!

I was finally able to install them this weekend. The mounting brackets were incorrectly marked; the driver's side bracket was stamped with a P and the passwnger's side was stamped with a D. That didn't cost me much time because it was pretty obvious they wouldn't fit as marked.

The instructions say to mount the bed rail to the mounting bracket and hold the assembly in place to mark the section of the bumper you will trim. I found it a lot easier to not assemble the bed rail the the bracket and instead hold just the bed rail in place to mark the bumper.

The instructions also say to have the bed rail assembled to the mounting bracket when installing onto the truck, but I found it easier to install the bracket onto the truck first and then the bed rail to the bracket.

I am pretty happy with how they turned out. They are worth the price in my opinion and I really appreciate that they do not have their brand stamped on them anywhere.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Added these yesterday, install really wasn't all that bad, just kind of time consuming. The most tedious part for me was cutting the bumper, trying to take off only what's necessary. I only used a razor blade which worked pretty well, though I did get one superficial wound.

Also the driver side install is a little trickier to work around the muffler. The mounting brackets were miss labeled as others have mentioned. Overall, love the fit and finish, and now I don't have to step on the bumper to get in the bed!

Jeep Gladiator Red Rock Bedside Sliders? PXL_20210716_205727756

Jeep Gladiator Red Rock Bedside Sliders? PXL_20210716_205719509

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Wondering...If you have the Rubicon steel rear...do you need to trim?

Geo Jeep

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
Occupation
Geologist
Well after seeing this post I pulled the trigger. I have a Max tow Sport S. I did have to trim the bumper bit it was not too bad with an air saw. The step bolted into the bumper nice and sturdy. The whole piece is decently made. The welds are a bit sloppy but not unsightly. This will help with some bed retrieval and the accidental whoops here and there.

Thanks for the detailed photos, now I'm not as nervous to take this one (I've had them a month now in the box). The last photos of the plastic piece you removed, does that require removal just to be able to cut the bumper, and did you cut it an reinstall, or does it need to be left out for the rail to be able to mount properly?

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the detailed photos, now I'm not as nervous to take this one (I've had them a month now in the box). The last photos of the plastic piece you removed, does that require removal just to be able to cut the bumper, and did you cut it an reinstall, or does it need to be left out for the rail to be able to mount properly?
@DAVECS1 I'd like to know as well. I'm also curious about that last photo of the plastic piece. Does it stay off?

@Geo Jeep , By enlarging the pic, it appears that is the actual piece that was cut out, it looks to have been cut. So I'm guess that obviously stays off once its cut away. Does look rather large from the pic though which brought about my curiosity too. I may go ahead and go with these after all.

Last edited:

aqcjeepGlad

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
That piece gets thrown in the trash and part of the slider is mounted to the rear bumper in its place.
So what supports the plastic bumper if that piece is throw in the trash? Also, the instructions say to remove the steel support bracket, but I did not see where they say to reinstall the steel support bracket. Thus, do you leave it off too? It appears the slider will not fit with the steel support installed. Just makes me wonder about the sturdiness of the plastic parts that are left hanging there without any support. Has that been noticeable for anyone that has installed these sliders? Other than these questions the sliders look great and the welds on mine are awesome as is the finish. I originally was going to buy the mopar ones but they are almost $500 where as these red rock sliders are only $195 and seem very sturdy. Thanks for the help everyone.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
So what supports the plastic bumper if that piece is throw in the trash? Also, the instructions say to remove the steel support bracket, but I did not see where they say to reinstall the steel support bracket. Thus, do you leave it off too? It appears the slider will not fit with the steel support installed. Just makes me wonder about the sturdiness of the plastic parts that are left hanging there without any support. Has that been noticeable for anyone that has installed these sliders? Other than these questions the sliders look great and the welds on mine are awesome as is the finish. I originally was going to buy the mopar ones but they are almost $500 where as these red rock sliders are only $195 and seem very sturdy. Thanks for the help everyone.
The slider supports the bumper. It's very sturdy. I installed my like a year ago so I don't remember all of the details, but pretty sure you will not need the steel piece you removed either.

aqcjeepGlad

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
The slider supports the bumper. It's very sturdy. I installed my like a year ago so I don't remember all of the details, but pretty sure you will not need the steel piece you removed either.
Thanks for the reply!!!
Sponsored