Sponsored

Remote start not working. A door is open but it isn’t?

pcarnelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tech Manager
Coming up with a connector suitable to the task that fits under the existing cover without modification turned out to be a WAAAAYYYYY bigger challenge than I thought it would be. I ended up having to go with two circular bayonet style quick-couple connects. Both mounted on a powder coated aluminum bracket. The receptacles are square flange mount so no possibility of the connectors rotating when connecting, disconnecting and provides for fast and easy singe-handed operation. The diameter of the two connectors are 1" and 3/4". Due to limited slack in the vehicle side of the harness I also purchased the original connector and crimp on terminals so that the two plug system could just be plugged into the existing connector. The bracket gets bolted under the strap bracket. Then the original door connector is removed and the two round connectors have their terminals crimped on away you go. I'll get some pic soon. Still waiting on of the components to complete the prototype.

pcarnelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tech Manager
Coming up with a connector suitable to the task that fits under the existing cover without modification turned out to be a WAAAAYYYYY bigger challenge than I thought it would be. I ended up having to go with two circular bayonet style quick-couple connects. Both mounted on a powder coated aluminum bracket. The receptacles are square flange mount so no possibility of the connectors rotating when connecting, disconnecting and provides for fast and easy singe-handed operation. The diameter of the two connectors are 1" and 3/4". Due to limited slack in the vehicle side of the harness I also purchased the original connector and crimp on terminals so that the two plug system could just be plugged into the existing connector. The bracket gets bolted under the strap bracket. Then the original door connector is removed and the two round connectors have their terminals crimped on away you go. I'll get some pic soon. Still waiting on of the components to complete the prototype.
Here are some pics. I think this is going to be final although I'm still trying to source a single connector that will do the job on its own while still fitting under the cover. Shown with and without the door side connector ends attached (not wired though). Bracket will be powder coated black. Some may question the open/exposed male pins but the original connector's pins are exposed as well albeit a bit more shielded. I am going to source manufacturer matched protective covers if possible. It will be plug and play. It will have a new female door-side connector at one end and two circular connectors installed in the bracket at the other end. Remove two bolts holding strap bracket and reattach with bracket sandwiched between the truck and the strap bracket. More expensive and time consuming that I'd have liked but at least it's legit.
Jeep Gladiator Remote start not working.  A door is open but it isn’t? 1637009575743

Jeep Gladiator Remote start not working.  A door is open but it isn’t? 1637009615200

Jeep Gladiator Remote start not working.  A door is open but it isn’t? 1637009665167

RickF

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JT Rubicon
I recently slapped the doors back on in a hurry and was not careful to seat the wiring harness gently. The next time I parked, my radio stayed on for hours because radio shutoff is dependent on the door opening, and the vehicle literally thought the door was missing completely. There was barely enough juice to start the engine. The blind spot monitor and power window also failed to work. I was able to bend the pins back and get everything working properly, which was pretty easy. But from now on, I'll be very gentle when plugging the harness back in. Those pins are delicate.
Sponsored