First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I had a Viper SmartStart system in my JK, and now the Sirius Guardian remote package that came with the JT. I thought the Viper system was slow and crappy, then I used this. Sigh. 30-60 seconds to do anything. About a 10% failure rate. And ZERO indication of whether something worked or not. I might go ahead and see about putting a SmartStart system in here too. As much as I hated how that one took 10 seconds to do anything, and the Apple Watch app was super slow, I now know how much worse it could be.

Anyway all I had to do was sign up on the Sirius site to activate it, and it was there.
Sponsored

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I wonder of they are selling data to insurance companies about speed and miles driven etc etc.
I see there are options to track that. You know i didnt read the fine print.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
How would they know who your insurance company is??

I have an insurance tracker in my car, and it shows I drive like a granny, and get a big discount. I unplug it off-road.

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I dont know. I was just wondering. Maybe not even soecific to individuals but to the make and model. If there is a way to monetize data they will do it.
I used to be a not so great driver until I got my first jeep, now I just cruise never in a rush or speeding.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
And ZERO indication of whether something worked or not.
Your device should chirp once your vehicle registers the command that was sent.

When I hit start, in the app, approx 30 seconds later my phone makes a noise and Uconnect tells me (notification) that my vehicle is now started.

If the command fails I see a command failed alert/notification.

You probably have to check the app settings on your device.

Sponsored

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Wow. Im so used to always hitting the “dont allow” notifications when I install a new app. Just changed it in my settings.

Jepmaniac

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep TJ Rubicon
Occupation
ADT Serv. Tech.
I'm pretty sure you need the remote start feature to allow starting with your phone app via Uconnect.
I just purchased a new Jeep and downloaded the Uconnect app but when I go into it it says there are no subscriptions available??

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I just purchased a new Jeep and downloaded the Uconnect app but when I go into it it says there are no subscriptions available??
Your dealer hasn't set it up. The dealer is supposed to put your email and phone number into the system before you leave, and you get a text message with a subscription setup code right there.

Perpendicular

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Occupation
IT
Is the (trial) subscription part of the new 2021's as well?

Sponsored

bac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
B3C7C5F1-5A15-4533-A1C7-D849B908F800.png
Yeah, I had the same thought when I picked mine up. Without the remote start option UConnect gets you - Lock, Unlock, and honk the horn and flash the lights.
Do those three functions work for you? Mine says the requests are being delivered, takes several minutes, and then it fails. I've tried 5-6 times. Good cell coverage.

Last edited:

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Not sure who you're asking, but I used remote start and unlock today, as well as vehicle status. It takes a while as I mentioned before, probably 30-60 seconds.

After using our new Tesla's remote for a couple months, this shit is even more of a bad joke. The Tesla takes maybe 10 seconds, and works every time. Plus it can do so much more. There are probably two screens' worth of possible commands. And since it has an API, you can do Siri shortcuts, automations, etc.
Sponsored