Sponsored

Reverse mullet. Party in the front, business in back. SUNRIDER PICS - Post Yours!

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Very nice! Just curious - are the latches are hardware all Mopar branded? I remember you saying you didn't want the Bestop logo everywhere.
Yeah, Jeep tag on passenger exterior, Jeep grille on center rear interior piece.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, one more point in the Sunrider's favor.

I parked under a tree today with the freedom panels off and got tree sap on the seats. Ha. If I had a sunrider, I'd have flipped it closed.

Syndula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Sounds like you'd really enjoy a full soft top at that point! Any reason you didn't go for that, or is the hard top just what it happened to come with when you bought it?
For me I got the sunrider so the wife and I can enjoy a soft top experience but keep the hard top protection for over the kids.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
I have a bit of Bestop products.

IMG_20220507_082759_288.jpg

Barnabyā€™sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I think they look odd, especially with a painted hard top. I'll go ahead and commit to the 30 seconds it takes to put the freedom panels on, and keep my $800.
They are extremely easy and quick to remove and replace. The only reason that Iā€™d consider it is for the convenience factor. We get pop-up storms often enough that if Iā€™m going far from home, the panels are coming with me.

If Iā€™m rolling solo, thatā€™s not a big dealā€¦I put the right panel behind the passenger seat (on the floor) and the left panel on the back seat behind the drivers seat (on my dogā€˜s bed/hammock thing).

If Iā€™ve got the wife and dog with me, that means Iā€™ve got to bag the panels up in that bag, whichā€¦to meā€¦is an absolute pain to use (It takes me longer to properly bag them up than it does to remove and reinstall the panels).

So really...the best of both worlds for me (quick open top access and handy panels) would be a better portable panel stowing solution. That or eventually cough up the dough for this setup.

Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
They are extremely easy and quick to remove and replace. The only reason that Iā€™d consider it is for the convenience factor. We get pop-up storms often enough that if Iā€™m going far from home, the panels are coming with me.

If Iā€™m rolling solo, thatā€™s not a big dealā€¦I put the right panel behind the passenger seat (on the floor) and the left panel on the back seat behind the drivers seat (on my dogā€˜s bed/hammock thing).

If Iā€™ve got the wife and dog with me, that means Iā€™ve got to bag the panels up in that bag, whichā€¦to meā€¦is an absolute pain to use (It takes me longer to properly bag them up than it does to remove and reinstall the panels).

So really...the best of both worlds for me (quick open top access and handy panels) would be a better portable panel stowing solution. That or eventually cough up the dough for this setup.
Yeah, I still donā€™t see convenience outweighing the cost. Iā€™m in FL, so rain could happen any second, even if the forecast says no rain for a week. And It looks odd if you have a painted top, IMO.

BigKillaTDogg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Blue
Occupation
Sales
Yeah, I still donā€™t see convenience outweighing the cost. Iā€™m in FL, so rain could happen any second, even if the forecast says no rain for a week. And It looks odd if you have a painted top, IMO.
I thought that for a long time too but once I got it, wow!!! It's a game changer. I think it is overpriced when I look at the materials used but this is one of my most favorite mods. The convenience factor is unmatched. If they had some competition from other manufacturers then the price would come down but they don't. The quality is really impressive as well. I have it open on the freeway and nothing is flapping or anything like that it's a great solid design! My 2 cents.

Darkspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTDR
Itā€™s on my list. I could not bring myself to drive around with a full soft top flipped back looking like some Friday engineer that said ā€œ well thatā€™s good enough.. fk itā€

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
I think they look odd, especially with a painted hard top. I'll go ahead and commit to the 30 seconds it takes to put the freedom panels on, and keep my $800.
Agreed. I bought one and sold it after a month. It was a bit louder (naturally) and when flipped back it caused weird wind turbulence (in the cab) that I didn't like. I figured it wasn't worth $800 to me vs/ the minute or two it takes to remove the freedom panels. Good thing is that they're highly desirable and I sold it for only a $50 loss in only a couple of days.

Sponsored

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
Can't see spending $800+ for half a top, never understood these. Like 15 seconds to throw the freedom panels back on. Just my opinion on it. Almost as bad as a full soft top on a JT but still better because at least you don't get the full man bun look.

Jeep Gladiator Reverse mullet. Party in the front, business in back. SUNRIDER PICS - Post Yours! 5798E09F-6528-4912-98B0-7191591A34AA

Jeep Gladiator Reverse mullet. Party in the front, business in back. SUNRIDER PICS - Post Yours! 5798E09F-6528-4912-98B0-7191591A34AA
Try doing it at a stop light. And 15 seconds no way. 1 minute if you at will to just chuck it in your backseat, way longer if storing it in the bed especially if you use the bag.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Try doing it at a stop light. And 15 seconds no way. 1 minute if you at will to just chuck it in your backseat, way longer if storing it in the bed especially if you use the bag.
Who uses the bag, and I'd rather take 5 minutes and pull over than look stupid but to each their own. Everyone has a opinion. I got a soft top, just will never use it

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
Who uses the bag, and I'd rather take 5 minutes and pull over than look stupid but to each their own. Everyone has a opinion. I got a soft top, just will never use it
Wow somebody is sensitive. I only commented that you can't take it off in 15 seconds. Lay off the coffee or take an anger management session. Sorry I hit a nerve. Hate to be your kid and spill milk.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Wow somebody is sensitive. I only commented that you can't take it off in 15 seconds. Lay off the coffee or take an anger management session. Sorry I hit a nerve. Hate to be your kid and spill milk.
My kids 26 and he wouldn't spill milk in front of me at that age. You didn't hit I nerve, I said if you like it you like, I don't.