Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
@Eazye how many miles you got on the Pats, just curious how they are wearing for you. I'm between the Pats and Mastercraft 37's when my Goodyear's wear out. Just looking for all the info I can get.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Eazye

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
@Eazye how many miles you got on the Pats, just curious how they are wearing for you. I'm between the Pats and Mastercraft 37's when my Goodyear's wear out. Just looking for all the info I can get.
I’m just over 7k and they seem to be holding up well, they are quiet for an MT tire. I just rotated them, 2000 miles later than I wanted to, and they did get a bit noisier because of the late rotation, but they are already quieting back down with a couple hundred miles on them. I’ve had both, the Mastercrafts are way more sensitive to rotation noise if you don’t do it often (less than 5k miles per rotation). I didn’t those once at like 7k and the first few hundred miles you could not have a conversation in the Jeep. It was on a JKU with a hard top vs a Gladiator but still, much more sensitive to road noise if rotate late. Depending on size you are going with, there are lots of options for the price of the Pats now because prices jumped a lot recently. I paid $240 a tire for the Pats in a 37” but they are now $340 a tire.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I’m just over 7k and they seem to be holding up well, they are quiet for an MT tire. I just rotated them, 2000 miles later than I wanted to, and they did get a bit noisier because of the late rotation, but they are already quieting back down with a couple hundred miles on them. I’ve had both, the Mastercrafts are way more sensitive to rotation noise if you don’t do it often (less than 5k miles per rotation). I didn’t those once at like 7k and the first few hundred miles you could not have a conversation in the Jeep. It was on a JKU with a hard top vs a Gladiator but still, much more sensitive to road noise if rotate late. Depending on size you are going with, there are lots of options for the price of the Pats now because prices jumped a lot recently. I paid $240 a tire for the Pats in a 37” but they are now $340 a tire.
I got 37 12.5 17, I'll be going back with a 37 in the same size. Yeah Pats have jumped in price now, I should of jumped on them when I could get a set out the door mounted and balanced for $1025, now over $1300 for a set mounted. I got 3 or 4 different ones on my radar, weight of the tire is important to me, I'm trying to stay under 75lbs a piece, really like to stay under 70lbs. I like the Goodyear Kevlar, a great tire and quiet for a MTR but no way would I pay over $2000 for a set of them. They are good but not that good. I got mine with 75% tread on them for $500 and that's the only reason they are on my jeep.

OP
OP
Eazye

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
I got 37 12.5 17, I'll be going back with a 37 in the same size. Yeah Pats have jumped in price now, I should of jumped on them when I could get a set out the door mounted and balanced for $1025, now over $1300 for a set mounted. I got 3 or 4 different ones on my radar, weight of the tire is important to me, I'm trying to stay under 75lbs a piece, really like to stay under 70lbs. I like the Goodyear Kevlar, a great tire and quiet for a MTR but no way would I pay over $2000 for a set of them. They are good but not that good. I got mine with 75% tread on them for $500 and that's the only reason they are on my jeep.
I ran the Goodyear’s in 35s for about 3000 miles before going to the Pats in a 37 once I lifted the Gladiator. I liked them, and also like you, would never pay retail! But since I live just outside of Akron, OH with lots of friends/family at the Goodyear corporate HQ, I get family discounts (35% off). I burned the discount on the 35s, my mistake, so didn’t want to go that route again so soon. Like you, I like the weight of the Pats as well, they are re quieter too. Oh, I also don’t think the Goodyear’s in a 37 fit in the stock sore tire location, that was a big issue for me.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I ran the Goodyear’s in 35s for about 3000 miles before going to the Pats in a 37 once I lifted the Gladiator. I liked them, and also like you, would never pay retail! But since I live just outside of Akron, OH with lots of friends/family at the Goodyear corporate HQ, I get family discounts (35% off). I burned the discount on the 35s, my mistake, so didn’t want to go that route again so soon. Like you, I like the weight of the Pats as well, they are re quieter too. Oh, I also don’t think the Goodyear’s in a 37 fit in the stock sore tire location, that was a big issue for me.
Your probably right about the 37's not fitting. Mine with some wear measures 36.2 when I installed them in February. I'm really down to Pats, Mastercraft, or Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs. Probably will come down to price and I believe any of those 3 wi git in the spare location from what I've read.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eazye

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
Your probably right about the 37's not fitting. Mine with some wear measures 36.2 when I installed them in February. I'm really down to Pats, Mastercraft, or Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs. Probably will come down to price and I believe any of those 3 wi git in the spare location from what I've read.

The pats definitely do, aired down a little. I’m not worried about it now as long as I stick to 37s, the Pat under there will cover me in a pinch regardless of tires I run now. I’m just stuck with 37s….😁

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Patagonias are 1060 through discount tire or eBay discount tire plus 10% off for military.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Patagonias are 1060 through discount tire or eBay discount tire plus 10% off for military.
I just got a quote from discount tire for $1390.00 mounted and balanced on the Pats in 37 12.5 17 M/T. That was Tuesday so unless they dropped in price between now and then. Cheapest I saw on eBay was 1283.00 for a set of 4 and then you got to get them mounted so that's at least $100, $149 if you go to discount.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
I just got a quote from discount tire for $1390.00 mounted and balanced on the Pats in 37 12.5 17 M/T. That was Tuesday so unless they dropped in price between now and then. Cheapest I saw on eBay was 1283.00 for a set of 4 and then you got to get them mounted so that's at least $100, $149 if you go to discount.
ebay discount store has them for 1060.Just put them in your cart. They sent me an offer a few days later for 960 shipped plus taxes. Just gotta learn how to find the deals.

OP
OP
Eazye

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
ebay discount store has them for 1060.Just put them in your cart. They sent me an offer a few days later for 960 shipped plus taxes. Just gotta learn how to find the deals.
That’s a good deal, I got 5 for $1200 from Northridge4x4 but shortages of workers causing shortages of products has driven these tires up by an extra $100 at most retailers. Ridiculous!!!!!

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have to look at that. Discount on the forum just quoted me $1504,

Jeep Gladiator RideRight+ 2.5” Lift is PERFECT! Screenshot_20210604-155526

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Just found them for $1060 on eBay, I didn't scroll far enough down. How did you get them down to $960. You just put them in the cart and then they offered $960, asking @andrew8404 , by the way, appreciate it the tip :like:

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
I'll have to look at that. Discount on the forum just quoted me $1504,

Jeep Gladiator RideRight+ 2.5” Lift is PERFECT! Screenshot_20210604-155526
that’s because you added the certificates and that adds 200. 4 tires is 1070 on eBay and 1090 on the stores.

Just found them for $1060 on eBay, I didn't scroll far enough down. How did you get them down to $960. You just put them in the cart and then they offered $960, asking @andrew8404 , by the way, appreciate it the tip :like:
I let them sit in my cart for a few days and discount sent out a deal for 960.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
that’s because you added the certificates and that adds 200. 4 tires is 1070 on eBay and 1090 on the stores.

I let them sit in my cart for a few days and discount sent out a deal for 960.
I'm going to see where it goes with the Pats. Got a quote from another shop for $1085 mounted and balanced for a set of 37 12.5 17 Mastercraft Courser MXTs. If I could get the Pats for $960, I got a shop that will mount them for $100. Discount Tire wants $149.00 to mount them, which still isn't bad. Called back to Discount in Concord and they said that the $1360 quote was without the $200 added in, that's where they are at. Best case it would be just over $1300 for them from Discount tire. $1085.00 out the door seems like a pretty good deal for the Mastercraft tire, I'd say they are pretty much on the same level as the Pats. Size and weight seems pretty equal as well.
Sponsored