First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
It's time for those of us who are tall to RISE UP and cast off the shackles placed on us by those of average height!!

I'm 6' 7" and I haven't driven a vehicle that didn't have the seat all the way back since I was 16 years old, but now, I can!

How???? Welllll, my friend, I am glad you asked.

I just installed my newly received seat extension brackets from "Extend my Seat" and I couldn't be happier! The installation was fairly simple and once I finished I let the seat all the way back and could not reach the pedals!!! Ha, ha.

I took some before and after photos (there was some glare so they aren't great) and the first shows the gladdy seat all the way back. I marked it with yellow tape. After the installation, I let it all the way back again and marked with red tape. Six full inches of leg room. It is fantastic. I mean, really..... who among us couldn't use an extra six inches!! My "new normal" setting is somewhere in between as I literally could not drive it in the full back position. This may not sound so huge to most of you, but if you are a tall person, you will know what I mean.

In all fairness, if you are a family man with little ones and need the back seat, then I caution you as it does cramp up the driver side back just a bit, but then again, unless you're 7' tall, you wouldn't need it all the way back anyway.

If any of you are interested in this, check out their site at: ExtendmySeat.com
Mine have to be some of the first in a Gladiator as they just started stocking our brackets on April 6th and I had pre-ordered prior to that.

So.... no more contortionist positions for me when driving...... I can stretch out in luxury!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Before.jpg

After.jpg
Sponsored

Canada g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator overland
Desert does it fixed my problem.
my concern with extend my seat is that I would hit the roll bar.
With desert does it I don’t hit it. Just the front legs of the seat has been raised. It gives me leg support that I was completely missing.

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
Any install tips/tricks, or just a straight "offer up and place in situ" type installation?

OP
OP
Choatecav

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
With desert does it I don’t hit it. Just the front legs of the seat has been raised. It gives me leg support that I was completely missing.
Well, as to hitting the roll bar, I don't have a problem with it. Not sure if most of your height is in your torso or legs (mine is primarily in legs). Also, I have the insulation or whatever it is called, in the roof portion and I still don't hit it. And I am wearing a hat with I say that. Glad yours works for you.

As to mog's question on the installation, the brackets are very well made and all of the hardware needed is there. They walk you through it step-by-step. Also, I wrenched my back earlier this week so my mobility was very much limited, but I still did it in less than two hours and just took it easy. Their customer service is quite impressive, too. Very pleased.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
That is pretty sweet and fixes one of the seat issues of the JT. After having my leg stuck in a brace for 9 weeks I can tell you the JT has even less leg room than a Toyota Prius.... Just let that sink in, lol

I just wish they made something that could also drop the seat down by about 2 inches.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I 2nd this right here.. I am 6'3" and felt like I was sliding out of the seat forward before the seat jackers. With the constant sliding forward the limited leg room was 10x worse.. Keeping my ass back where it belongs & now the leg room is passible.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
6’3” with a long torso. If I have the seat all the way back and sit up straight my head hits the rollbar. Still waiting for seat lowering brackets.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
6’3” with a long torso. If I have the seat all the way back and sit up straight my head hits the rollbar. Still waiting for seat lowering brackets.
This was my first experience sitting in a JT (same height, with a 30" inseam so my legs are pretty short). Pulling the seat forward & leaning the seat back got around that for me. Cant hit the roll bar now without trying.

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
It's time for those of us who are tall to RISE UP and cast off the shackles placed on us by those of average height!!

I'm 6' 7" and I haven't driven a vehicle that didn't have the seat all the way back since I was 16 years old, but now, I can!

How???? Welllll, my friend, I am glad you asked.

I just installed my newly received seat extension brackets from "Extend my Seat" and I couldn't be happier! The installation was fairly simple and once I finished I let the seat all the way back and could not reach the pedals!!! Ha, ha.

I took some before and after photos (there was some glare so they aren't great) and the first shows the gladdy seat all the way back. I marked it with yellow tape. After the installation, I let it all the way back again and marked with red tape. Six full inches of leg room. It is fantastic. I mean, really..... who among us couldn't use an extra six inches!! My "new normal" setting is somewhere in between as I literally could not drive it in the full back position. This may not sound so huge to most of you, but if you are a tall person, you will know what I mean.

In all fairness, if you are a family man with little ones and need the back seat, then I caution you as it does cramp up the driver side back just a bit, but then again, unless you're 7' tall, you wouldn't need it all the way back anyway.

If any of you are interested in this, check out their site at: ExtendmySeat.com
Mine have to be some of the first in a Gladiator as they just started stocking our brackets on April 6th and I had pre-ordered prior to that.

So.... no more contortionist positions for me when driving...... I can stretch out in luxury!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Before.jpg

After.jpg
insert plug here... haha. Sound like a door to door vacuum slinger. congrats though on being comfy.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I 2nd this right here.. I am 6'3" and felt like I was sliding out of the seat forward before the seat jackers. With the constant sliding forward the limited leg room was 10x worse.. Keeping my ass back where it belongs & now the leg room is passible.

I didn't know there were others like me. 6'3 30-32 inseam. lol. Looks like there is actually a higher demand than I thought to drop the seat down lower.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't know there were others like me. 6'3 30-32 inseam. lol. Looks like there is actually a higher demand than I thought to drop the seat down lower.
I don't really want it any lower. I am pretty happy with the position now that I have the front elevated. If there was a more comfortable seat option that I could go for. A bit of Lumbar would do wonders. I have the Bartact covers with their inflatable lumbar coming to address that though.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I don't really want it any lower. I am pretty happy with the position now that I have the front elevated. If there was a more comfortable seat option that I could go for. A bit of Lumbar would do wonders. I have the Bartact covers with their inflatable lumbar coming to address that though.
Thats interesting elevating the front helped for you. I had always assumed that was more geared towards let room situations. Does it get you away from the feeling you are sitting at the top of the windshield?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats interesting elevating the front helped for you. I had always assumed that was more geared towards let room situations. Does it get you away from the feeling you are sitting at the top of the windshield?
I don't know that short of an RV I have ever driven anything that didn't have that feeling.. Scooting forward & leaving the seat back did relieve some of that feeling though... I Still feel like its a small windshield, but I dont find myself as slumped over trying to see when the light turns green as much now. Elevating the front really just helps keep you in the seat instead of the feeling of falling off the front. & sitting with your legs at a comfortable angle to sit your lower half closer.

OP
OP
Choatecav

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
insert plug here... haha. Sound like a door to door vacuum slinger. congrats though on being comfy.
Ha, I just read this and had to laugh. I have been in sales all of my adult life and I guess this was just byproduct of my default mode. When I was doing it I was really excited and couldn't wait to share it and I started thinking like a t v commercial, ha.
I'm not getting a dime for the endorsement, but you nailed it on the delivery. :)

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
I like the height of the seat, but i have a hard time seeing traffic lights unless i stop pretty far back because of my height.
Sponsored