Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Roof rack going on now. There are six mounting points. The ones on the front (side to side) are fixed and can’t be moved easily. They mount to the bolt holes for the tonneau cover. It’s really clean and secure. The side mounts come pre-drilled to mount to the trail rails. But they can easily be moved by drilling new holes in the canopy where it overhangs into the bed.

I wouldn’t move them too far as they are located to secure the canopy and give it a good seal. I am going to have to move my rear mounting locations a bit, see pictures.

The canopy is about 3 1/2” taller than the hard top. I have mixed feeling about the height but overall I like it as it’s easier to move around under it than if it were lower.

The overall quality of the canopy looks really good. So far so good.

4626B7B1-9792-4815-A6F6-125CFB97CA0E.jpeg

9BAF4EB5-3E9D-48E5-A041-600A6408AAA8.jpeg

C01C5DA6-E38C-48DD-B58F-4A38F52FD52F.jpeg

26B3D674-0349-412E-9DC2-345E60D8E959.jpeg
Me too haha. Looks like all of us are doing the BRI panels with the RLD topper. Doesn’t seem like a too much of an issue, simple to drill. But yes, need to confirm front rail interference as well!
Thanks for posting! This is the exact issue I was concerned about. Do you have the front BuiltRight panels too? Curious if any interference there too? Looks like the two rear mount points need to be redialed about 1.5" forward and its a fit, is that right?
Yes I have the front panels as well and no issues there. I need to correct myself . When I said there are six attachment points I was incorrect. There are only four. The two in the back I posted pics of earlier and the two in the front that mount to the bolts for the tonneau.

I was able to easily relocate the two mounting points in the back to accommodate the BuildRight panel mounts, see pics. I will post some more pics tomorrow if the rain lets up a little. This is Seattle.

IMG_7847.jpeg

IMG_8247.jpeg

IMG_9567.jpeg
Sponsored

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
yeah I’m not sure about the height now! The load bars will only lift the RTT even higher, which I am not liking, but oh well.

Also, it looks like the white color doesn’t match very well in the photos. Is that the case or just the lighting?

Off-topic: what fender flare extensions are those?
They are considering making them shorter. I agree the load bars and the rack make it quite tall. About 70" with a 2" lift and 37s. I took the rack off today and am going to store it for when I need it. 70" is too tall for me. Plus I decided I don't want that much weight that high.

Not sure if the color doesn't match or if it's a lighting thing. There are different angles and the finish on the canopy is textured so its probably never going to match even if its the same color. To be honest I care more about the function than an exact color match. The folks at the mall won't notice anyway.

The fender flares are Flexy Flares from OFF Road Low Range. You can buy them by the foot and screw them to the plastic trim on the fenders. I didn't want to run around with 3+ inches of tire sticking out. They come in a thinner version as well. They aren't the most beautiful thing but they're functional and I have grown to like them.

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Yes I have the front panels as well and no issues there. I need to correct myself . When I said there are six attachment points I was incorrect. There are only four. The two in the back I posted pics of earlier and the two in the front that mount to the bolts for the tonneau.

I was able to easily relocate the two mounting points in the back to accommodate the BuildRight panel mounts, see pics. I will post some more pics tomorrow if the rain lets up a little. This is Seattle.

IMG_7847.jpeg

IMG_8247.jpeg

IMG_9567.jpeg
Thanks again! The hole relocation looks simple enough. Was it about 1"?

Looks like I can safely order and install the BR panels now before my RLD comes in next month.

Can't wait to see more pictures!

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks again! The hole relocation looks simple enough. Was it about 1"?

Looks like I can safely order and install the BR panels now before my RLD comes in next month.

Can't wait to see more pictures!
I didn’t measure but yes its about an inch. I just unbolted one of the canopy mounts at a time and moved the bracket forward until it was out of the way and drilled the new hole there. You can see the washer overlaps the original location so its not much, I wanted to keep it as close to where it was intended to be as possible. No other modifications were required.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
They are considering making them shorter. I agree the load bars and the rack make it quite tall. About 70" with a 2" lift and 37s. I took the rack off today and am going to store it for when I need it. 70" is too tall for me. Plus I decided I don't want that much weight that high.
Interesting. This info is from Adventure Ready who is in contact with RLD? I may reach out to Joost at Rhino to see if it makes any sense to wait for the update.

Sponsored

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
Thanks for posting more pics. Hopefully I can get mine all mounted up this weekend.

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Thanks for posting more pics. Hopefully I can get mine all mounted up this weekend.
Yes - thank you! How are you feeling about it @salvino ? Are you overall pleased with it?

@G8R which colors/options did you get ordered?

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
I ordered an all white canopy with solid side doors (no windows) and 2 Lion boxes but not the rail system. I also have the Builtright racks so will have to make the same mods @salvino did. I just received some KC lights which I will mount inside (C2 LED Flood) and outside (C3 LED Flood).

BeeeCeee

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2018 JLUR
Thanks for posting additional Pics. May I ask a favor? Do you mind taking one more picture directly from the back side? The lines between the canopy and the jeep seems to look a bit strange and was wondering how it looks from the backside.
Screen%20Shot%202019-12-12%20at%2012.09.29%20PM.png

The pic on their website seems to show the doors being more upright, but it could be me.
Screen%20Shot%202019-12-12%20at%2012.13.45%20PM.png

Mine shows up tomorrow and I'm still excited to get it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - thank you! How are you feeling about it @salvino ? Are you overall pleased with it?

@G8R which colors/options did you get ordered?
Overall very pleased, lots of room and great accessibility. It's hard to tell if the paint match is off or if its just lighting and texture differences. That's close enough in my book.

It rained a lot last night and there was a small amount of leakage. Plastic rivets in the top for installing something leaked and will need to be replaced with a better solution (bolts, fender washers and silicone. There are six of these when new. Four of mine already replaced due to mounting of the rack (no longer on.) One side door seal also leaked but barely enough to warrant fixing. I will look at it and if there isn't an obvious fix I'll take it in to Adventure Ready.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Thanks for posting additional Pics. May I ask a favor? Do you mind taking one more picture directly from the back side? The lines between the canopy and the jeep seems to look a bit strange and was wondering how it looks from the backside.
Screen%20Shot%202019-12-12%20at%2012.09.29%20PM.png

The pic on their website seems to show the doors being more upright, but it could be me.
Screen%20Shot%202019-12-12%20at%2012.13.45%20PM.png

Mine shows up tomorrow and I'm still excited to get it.
I must confess that I am quite disappointed in the lines of the product. Roof is too tall and side angles are not even close to the JT doors. I was expecting something close to the rendering that has been circulating.

Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
This one doesn't look so bad. Almost like the canopy is wider that the cab. Might just be the angle.

RLDcanopy.jpg

Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe we can just throw on some Roto packs and really mess up the body lines!

E0BDE4C7-E4AB-48C5-9D2A-572A928F8F5F.jpg

Reactions: G8R

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Thank you very much for all the information and the pictures! Extremely helpful and informative.

I'm glad I waited to see how the production model looks, but I'm dissappinted that it's so far off from the vertical body lines. And the height looks to me like it will interfere with the soft top operation when it's open. Maybe it looks better in person? Maybe it will grow on me...

I had really high hopes for this product with its light weight and strength. I was 95% ready to pull the trigger, but now I reckon I'll wait for the aftermarket to bring out a couple different options. Such a shame that I'm being so vain, because this definitely offers the functionality that I want, at a very reasonable price IMHO.
Sponsored