First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
I was able to get my canopy opened up and installed on my JTR. Turns out the shipping container was completely mislabeled and my White top with White doors was actually Black top with White doors. Thus my rig looks just like the others posted above. Mine also has some shipping damage where a forklift punctured through the bottom packaging and dented my drivers side frame. Have a claim filed with Adventure Ready and am hoping to get it replaced. But it sounds like I may have to wait for the next shipment out of South Africa.

IMG_2736 (1).jpg

IMG_2735 (1).jpg

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Devices
Install was fairly easy once I Jerry-Rigged a 2x4 Gantry with a cum-a-long. Some issues did arise. The front flange on the topper just slightly interferes with the shape of the bed causing the canopy to sit back about a quarter inch. This creates a fairly large air gap in the back door and tail gate. Given the shape of the two components this will have to be addressed with some additional weather stripping. Another issue was that I installed when it was 20 degrees out. I could not subsequently compress the weather stripping on the canopy which resulted in a 1/4 inch gap across the entire front. Thus I pulled the top off and installed some neoprene strips along the top of the front bed rail. I also had to modify the topper to move the mounting holes to accommodate the Built Right racks. Last, I punched out the 6 plastic inserts in the roof channels and mounted two pieces of Uni Strut on the inside of the canopy using bolts and neoprene washers to prevent leakage. I was then able to mount my KC Lights inside and will use those sections of strut to mount other items like my shovel and MaxTrax.

IMG_2725.jpg

Sponsored

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
sidebar: are you going to the ice festival in ouray in january?

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Devices
sidebar: are you going to the ice festival in ouray in january?
No, not me. I have not been to the Ice Park since the mid 90s'. I have climbed most everything in the area including Camp Bird area and Bird Brain Boulevard.

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
No, not me. I have not been to the Ice Park since the mid 90s'. I have climbed most everything in the area including Camp Bird area and Bird Brain Boulevard.
ive never done any ice climbing but id love to go to ouray in the middle of winter...cuz it's there.
i needed a reason other than "cuz it's there" for the wife so i asked if she wanted to go to an ice festival. she's game.

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Install was fairly easy once I Jerry-Rigged a 2x4 Gantry with a cum-a-long. Some issues did arise. The front flange on the topper just slightly interferes with the shape of the bed causing the canopy to sit back about a quarter inch. This creates a fairly large air gap in the back door and tail gate. Given the shape of the two components this will have to be addressed with some additional weather stripping. Another issue was that I installed when it was 20 degrees out. I could not subsequently compress the weather stripping on the canopy which resulted in a 1/4 inch gap across the entire front. Thus I pulled the top off and installed some neoprene strips along the top of the front bed rail. I also had to modify the topper to move the mounting holes to accommodate the Built Right racks. Last, I punched out the 6 plastic inserts in the roof channels and mounted two pieces of Uni Strut on the inside of the canopy using bolts and neoprene washers to prevent leakage. I was then able to mount my KC Lights inside and will use those sections of strut to mount other items like my shovel and MaxTrax.

IMG_2725.jpg
I love the Uni Strut idea - can you share a picture of that please?

Sponsored

Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
Good news guys. Rhino has received my canopy and will ship it to Fremont CA. today. I should have it installed just after Xmas. My cap is all black. I'll post pictures when she is mounted. No pun intended.

Last edited:

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
Boo I got a message today that mine was not on the first container.... I don’t think I’ll see mine before end of January. Completely screws my Christmas camping plans lol.

Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
Boo I got a message today that mine was not on the first container.... I don’t think I’ll see mine before end of January. Completely screws my Christmas camping plans lol.
Sorry dude. I feel ya!

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Devices
I love the Uni Strut idea - can you share a picture of that please?
Here are some images of the strut mounts inside the RLD shell. I have mounted KC lights and the BuiltRight shovel mounts. I wanted to put the MaxTrax up there but upside down is a pain in the butt so I have bailed on that idea for now.

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: