bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
Looks Great!

Is that color matched or is that the Medium Gray with Charcoal Gray doors option?
Stock colors. No color match
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Well, looks like I’m out of luck for the foreseeable future on the canopy. Was told today it has not left the South African Port. So, not going to be using it most of the summer. Have to come up with a fix for the time being to mount a tent over the bed to get out and about. I had believed it was already in Seattle.
Through Rhino? Mine will be in the same container and last I heard it's getting caught up in that "essential shipping only" restrictions.

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
Wow, it’s amazing how close that is.
Depends on the lighting but usually looks pretty darn close. I don't really have a desire to try to match it.

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I need it to be weekend again.... love how well the RLD lines up with the cab

0E783A2F-A598-48BC-846C-7AFB3FA6674E.jpeg
My canopy will be here next week, I’m trying to figure out the best way to mount a rack and tent, is yours mounted directly to the canopy without loadbars?

Sponsored

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
My canopy will be here next week, I’m trying to figure out the best way to mount a rack and tent, is yours mounted directly to the canopy without loadbars?
Yea it’s directly mounted. I like the fact that it’s a bit lower but now mounting an awning is difficult. I’m not sure about the RLD load bars, I still prefer the typical Rhino Rack bars as you can add more accessories to it.

SavageCoffeeTea

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for the JT diesel
Yea it’s directly mounted. I like the fact that it’s a bit lower but now mounting an awning is difficult. I’m not sure about the RLD load bars, I still prefer the typical Rhino Rack bars as you can add more accessories to it.
How about making load bar/rack out of 80/20? That way you can make it specific to your size needs. Super lightweight as well.

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Mounting an awning has been my worry. I have a Frontrunner slimline rack that I will probably mount directly to the canopy and mount the awning and tent to it.

It looks like the RLD bars are pretty tall.

Thanks,

Lee

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
How about making load bar/rack out of 80/20? That way you can make it specific to your size needs. Super lightweight as well.
That would work as well, How tall is the 80/20 ? I think the slimline slats are 3/4" tall

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
You can get them as short as 3/4" but I think the 1"h x 3"w slats are the way to go. Should give enough room underneath that you can do some L-brackets on the sides of the slats and mount the tent that way without the typical tent hardware.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
retro or only when initially ordered? Thanks
pretty sure you can order them retro - I had ordered mine with the windows, it came without, so now I have replacements coming with the windows. I'll just have to swap them out. I would ask Tom at Adventure Ready - he's been great to deal with.
I was told anything can be ordered after sale except the main frame. At the time it was because I was wondering if damaged panels can be replaced, but mine is coming no cupboard and I'll probably add one down the road if I can't find someone to fab one up for me.

Spartan21

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 03TJ
Through Rhino? Mine will be in the same container and last I heard it's getting caught up in that "essential shipping only" restrictions.
It was through Adventure Ready. I was told now that it is scheduled to be in country in July. I’m not sure when. Hopefully it get to water soon.

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I really want to order mine, but not sure if I should get my hopes up about actually receiving it this summer!

After months of deliberating and weighing options I really think the RLD is the way to go. Thanks everyone for your information, pictures and insights!

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I really want to order mine, but not sure if I should get my hopes up about actually receiving it this summer!

After months of deliberating and weighing options I really think the RLD is the way to go. Thanks everyone for your information, pictures and insights!
Call Tom at Adventure Ready and see if there are any available on the next shipment