Roofnest Condor Roof top tent

DanielM3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
I was set on getting a iKamper Skycamp mini's after seeing on LLOD's youtube channel, but ended up ordering the Roofnest Condor.

https://roofnest.com/product/condor/

I have had Roofnest's in the past and they are great to work with and nice products. I'll let you guys know how it is but between being about $1500 cheaper and available now vs March I decided to give it a shot.

I am going to mount it on these cross bars which should allow me to mount it to the rail system, keep the factory bed cover, and keep it RTT flush or below the cab height.

https://www.kbvoodoo.com/shop/jeep-gladiator-hi-rise-crossbars-for-use-with-tonneau-covers

I'll update here with pictures and review here once mounted up.
Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was set on getting a iKamper Skycamp mini's after seeing on LLOD's youtube channel, but ended up ordering the Roofnest Condor.

I have had Roofnest's in the past and they are great to work with and nice products. I'll let you guys know how it is but between being about $1500 cheaper and available now vs March I decided to give it a shot.

I am going to mount it on these cross bars which should allow me to mount it to the rail system, keep the factory bed cover, and keep it RTT flush or below the cab height.

https://www.kbvoodoo.com/shop/jeep-gladiator-hi-rise-crossbars-for-use-with-tonneau-covers

I was able to pick up a used Ikamper skycamp with the annex room & awning slightly used for just under half price but I admit the retail is spendy. This tent looks like a direct take off of the Ikamper from what I can see. Keep us posted how it performs.
I'm also in the process ( should have it back friday) of having a custom rack built based off the wayout concept rack but will accommodate the factory trifold tonneau cover. I'm having it build out of aluminum so it will not add a bunch of weight to my bed. I gave my welder quite a project making it work with the tonneau as it made the rack much harder to fabricate. I've only seen it in the early stages but I'm getting excited for Friday.

OP
OP

DanielM3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
I was able to pick up a used Ikamper skycamp with the annex room & awning slightly used for just under half price but I admit the retail is spendy. This tent looks like a direct take off of the Ikamper from what I can see. Keep us posted how it performs.
I'm also in the process ( should have it back friday) of having a custom rack built based off the wayout concept rack but will accommodate the factory trifold tonneau cover. I'm having it build out of aluminum so it will not add a bunch of weight to my bed. I gave my welder quite a project making it work with the tonneau as it made the rack much harder to fabricate. I've only seen it in the early stages but I'm getting excited for Friday.
Sounds good, looking forward to seeing your set-up!

Yeah a used iKamper would be cool but with the mini not coming out till March, I figured it would be a year till they start showing up used.

I'll post pictures back here as soon as it is mounted.

Thanks
Daniel

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach

To be clear, are you getting the standard 60” with the intention of fitting it completely behind the cab or does it need room when deployed and have to overhang the rear of the bed?

It looks like a great solution and exactly what I have been looking for to fit within the dimensions of the bed. Please post up pictures when installed and thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

OP
OP

DanielM3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Hey, I ordered the regular size of 48 x 60 so that it will sit over the bed with no overhang (except when open obviously). I will post pictures when I mount it. Thanks!

OP
OP

DanielM3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
OK, tent came today!

i-T3PSz7q-M.png

Rack/rails installed

i-8LBLRHq-M.png

Brackets fit really well

i-qHSvRbP-M.png

Fits great and is nice and low profile

i-s5nkL82-M.png

Open

i-sVnmZdr-M.png

Interior
i-FpqKXkW-M.png

Ill let you all know how it goes once I use it more but so far it is really nice!

Gimme a shout if you have any questions

-Daniel

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Nice. I'm looking at a very similar tent.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
OK, tent came today!

i-T3PSz7q-M.png

Rack/rails installed

i-8LBLRHq-M.png

Brackets fit really well

i-qHSvRbP-M.png

Fits great and is nice and low profile

i-s5nkL82-M.png

Open

i-sVnmZdr-M.png

Interior
i-FpqKXkW-M.png

Ill let you all know how it goes once I use it more but so far it is really nice!

Gimme a shout if you have any questions

-Daniel
Nice! I was looking at this tent, but it doesn't look like you can get a annex for it. I think we are going to go with the new Roam tent (soft cover), though I prefer the hard.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DanielM3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Nice! I was looking at this tent, but it doesn't look like you can get a annex for it. I think we are going to go with the new Roam tent (soft cover), though I prefer the hard.
You may want to ask Roofnest about an annex. They told me they had accessories planned.

I will have to say that the super quick set up is nice! I ran out with the kids for a bit to test it out today

i-4qgStbn-M.png

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
You may want to ask Roofnest about an annex. They told me they had accessories planned.

I will have to say that the super quick set up is nice! I ran out with the kids for a bit to test it out today

i-4qgStbn-M.png
Thanks for sharing! I was originally looking at the skycamp mini but the extra room in the Condor peaked my interest. Info and videos are limited at this point so it is good to hear your thoughts. Looks like you are one of the first to receive one! It looks like it sets up almost exactly like I have seen in skycamp mini videos. Is that the case?

OP
OP

DanielM3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Yeah there is not much info out there but I think it’s nearly the same as the iKamper mini

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Thank you so much for posting. This is exactly the RTT I plan on using, but I have a mid-height rack and I’m wondering how tall the tent is closed. Could you take a measure at the highest point?

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
Btw- I contacted them. They do offer an annex room for them for $495. They just haven't gotten pictures of it yet.
Sponsored