Sponsored

Rough idle when stopped

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
If you had a leak in the PCV system check out the No. 2 (downstream) o2 sensor on the passenger side. If the oil leaks out of the pcv system it can drop on that o2 sensor, and believe it or not it will soak into where the wire connects to the actual sensor and kill it. That happened to mine. Now that the cam has been replaced, software update, and new o2 sensor everything is fine.
Thanks, checked both upstream O2 sensors and they are dry with no oil indication.

FWIW, after the PCV hose change, the Bank 2 misfires on cold start with primarily cylinder #4 have started to creep up again. Gone about two weeks then got ESS disable message again and a pending P0300.

I have not taken it back to the dealer and until I get a hard CEL posting and not a pending, I cannot get them to apply the TSB that changes the RH intake cam.

That being said, I am a subscriber and watcher of the YT channel "Scanner Danner" and he recently had a video on a Durango Pentastar 3.6 that had a cold start misfire. That wound up being a bad spark plug but he also mentioned having worked another Pentastar that had a run away #4 cylinder misfire they could not figure out until they reset the adaptive learn memory and that fixed that problem. So yesterday with both a scan tool and pulling the battery cables for an hour +, reset the memory and had a cold start this morning with 0 misfires detected. Once again, not getting my hopes up but just will monitor and have that as another data point.

I am half tempted to just order a Mojave and move on.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Brraaapp

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Hvac
Update: after 5 visits at 3 different dealerships, I was experience the vibration again, drove it straight to the dealer and thankfully the tech piped right in the jeep and immediately felt it, after driving around a few minutes and stopping at idol. He told me to go back to the dealership started looking around at the engine mounts, pulleys etc. nothing found. I drop it off next Monday the 25th I hope this is resolved after I drop it off!

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Mine has developed a super rough idle when I first start it after the RPMs come down after like 30 sec. It’s pretty bad till it warms up. Also, now if I try to drive it before I let it warm up I get hesitating and chugging if I’m not really light with the throttle. I’ve brought it in four times now for this and they say nothing is wrong with it. Even after I got Jeep Cares involved. It’s worth mentioning that Jeep Cares has been fantastic with everything else and I 100% blame my dealership. I’m about to try another dealership before I give up hope with Jeep service. It’s painfully obvious how bad it’s missing at idle and they still give the could not duplicate BS

They just replaced my entire rear end assembly because it was making terrible noises that you could hear driving across the parking lot, but they kept saying they couldn’t duplicate it. I had the tech ride with me and then the shop foreman and it was so damn obvious and wrong I was livid that they kept saying they couldn’t hear it. Finally after Jeep Cares got involved they admitted it wasn’t right within 24 hours and pulled the diff cover and it had obvious issues. I love my Jeep, but I HATE Jeep service departments and it would be great if I never had all these issues to begin with. There’s other stuff too, but they fixed them without a fight.

My 08 JKU Rubicon ended up being a buy back and It had painfully obvious issues and I got a lot of could not duplicate responses on painfully obvious issues. Jeeps are the only vehicles I ever have issues with and I’ve owned way more vehicles than your average person. I don’t know why I like and keep buying Jeeps lol

Brahmajoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Law
Thanks, checked both upstream O2 sensors and they are dry with no oil indication.

FWIW, after the PCV hose change, the Bank 2 misfires on cold start with primarily cylinder #4 have started to creep up again. Gone about two weeks then got ESS disable message again and a pending P0300.

I have not taken it back to the dealer and until I get a hard CEL posting and not a pending, I cannot get them to apply the TSB that changes the RH intake cam.

That being said, I am a subscriber and watcher of the YT channel "Scanner Danner" and he recently had a video on a Durango Pentastar 3.6 that had a cold start misfire. That wound up being a bad spark plug but he also mentioned having worked another Pentastar that had a run away #4 cylinder misfire they could not figure out until they reset the adaptive learn memory and that fixed that problem. So yesterday with both a scan tool and pulling the battery cables for an hour +, reset the memory and had a cold start this morning with 0 misfires detected. Once again, not getting my hopes up but just will monitor and have that as another data point.

I am half tempted to just order a Mojave and move on.
Did this end up working for you?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Did this end up working for you?
Not really. The pending but never posting intermittent #4 misfire creeped back and would get the ESS disabled for one ignition cycle. I was pretty sure about being on the edge of the needing the cam TSB done.

Traded it in last fall on my current 2021 Willys and no issues with it.

Sponsored

Audioguy27

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
For any of you that took your rigs into the dealerships was any of the check and repairs covered under warranty or was it all out of pocket?

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
For any of you that took your rigs into the dealerships was any of the check and repairs covered under warranty or was it all out of pocket?
mine is getting looked at on 8/29, i'm still within the warranty period

Audioguy27

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
mine is getting looked at on 8/29, i'm still within the warranty period
Hopefully you get it worked out.

I’m just starting down this road and nervous. Like a few others I’m not throwing any codes it just started about a month ago when we got hit with a bad heatwave. Since then it’s been slowly getting rougher. Gotta find my extended warranty info and head to the dealer looks like.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Hopefully you get it worked out.

I’m just starting down this road and nervous. Like a few others I’m not throwing any codes it just started about a month ago when we got hit with a bad heatwave. Since then it’s been slowly getting rougher. Gotta find my extended warranty info and head to the dealer looks like.
My CEL came on for two codes, P0137 & P0140. Cleared the code with my OBD app, and initially suspected it was the downstream O2 sensor. Then a day later a rough idle showed up sporadically so now my thoughts have changed on which sensor. I don’t have a JSCAN device like some folks for further details, but may get one later on when I’m into the extended warranty period (another 1.5 yrs for me)
Sponsored