SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
@SmartCap You've got a vendor in San Antonio, TX charging just short of $1k over MSRP for out the door. looking at other pricing, tax, and shipping thats like $500 for installation! is that normal for dealers?
Thanks for your comments. Our dealer network is made up of independent businesses, and therefore they have the option to sell our products at whatever price they choose. As there are many dealers in your area, and across North America, you many want to do some price comparison shopping.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing a SmartCap atop your rig very soon!
Sponsored

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Thanks for your comments. Our dealer network is made up of independent businesses, and therefore they have the option to sell our products at whatever price they choose. As there are many dealers in your area, and across North America, you many want to do some price comparison shopping.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing a SmartCap atop your rig very soon!
Thanks for the info. Are y'all looking to do pickups in Ft Worth at any point in the future? Or are y'all only going to operate through dealers?

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. Are y'all looking to do pickups in Ft Worth at any point in the future? Or are y'all only going to operate through dealers?
Our new facility in Ft Worth will be strictly for manufacturing. We'll continue to have our products available through our dealer network, as well as directly through our website.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
I’m in the process of using the roof Rivnuts to put threaded rod about 5-6” (to not obstruct window) and run either a piece of plywood or get a custom sized molle panel to mount there. Use it as a high shelf for long items such as camping table, chairs, recovery boards. And then be able to mount items under it as well.

havent posted with the cap installed yet….

BD40F96D-63E3-4D54-A085-C521BEDC6325.jpeg
Nice rig! Is that a 270 awning? What load bars did you use to mount your RTT and awning? My uncle has a roofnest RTT Condor (looks exactly like the ikamper) and a 270 awning as well, currently mounted on Leitner Design rack. He is seriously looking into swapping it for a RSI smartcap and we're looking at mounting options for the 270 awning, as the mounting brackets for those are quite big. We are looking to see if we can use the Leitner load bars on the smartcap, cause those are 60" and can mount the tent, awning, and his road shower.

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator
Nice rig! Is that a 270 awning? What load bars did you use to mount your RTT and awning? My uncle has a roofnest RTT Condor (looks exactly like the ikamper) and a 270 awning as well, currently mounted on Leitner Design rack. He is seriously looking into swapping it for a RSI smartcap and we're looking at mounting options for the 270 awning, as the mounting brackets for those are quite big. We are looking to see if we can use the Leitner load bars on the smartcap, cause those are 60" and can mount the tent, awning, and his road shower.
made my own load bars using metal extrusions. Everything I did to mount everything always ended up putting the tent higher than I wanted when using other mounting systems.

270 awning. IKamper 2.0. Shower awning. All is mounted to the load bars. The shower is actually mounted to the rails from the iKamper and swings out 90 degrees. Video below shows the awning and shower opened up. I’ll take some pics of how everything is mounted later for you.

WKYRIDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I’m in the process of using the roof Rivnuts to put threaded rod about 5-6” (to not obstruct window) and run either a piece of plywood or get a custom sized molle panel to mount there. Use it as a high shelf for long items such as camping table, chairs, recovery boards. And then be able to mount items under it as well.

havent posted with the cap installed yet….

Jeep Gladiator RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment trim.E662B20F-B721-4656-B81D-DC74A459250C.MOV
Can you share some pics of how you mounted your awning?

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator
So I have 1.5 x 1.5 metal extustions running across the rsi cap support rails Tent lays on that and strapped to it. The awning bracket fits on top of the extrusion and I set it when the tent was open to make sure the shell clears the awning
Jeep Gladiator RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment 2ADC23F1-B37E-4E51-B3DB-F8C260BEAFD3

Sponsored

Cimatu

First Name
Manni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Wondering if you found any dealers in the Fort Worth area that has these in stock đź‘€

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The brackets you're referring to are for mounting our SmartCanopy EVO models that are available in other parts of the world. Many international trucks come with mounting nuts in all four corners of the truck bed. In those instances, we attach 90-degree brackets that go from the corner of the cap, down the bedpost, to the floor. North American trucks don't have those, so we have to clamp to the bed rails.

We do use a robust C clamp to ensure the SmartCap will not shift or move when taken off-road fully loaded with up to 330 lbs of gear on top (770 lbs static).
Any potential change? I’m getting a SmartCap soon. The clamps o just don’t like and I have bed rails. Are there any plans to potentially have an extra accessory that replaces clamps?

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Any potential change? I’m getting a SmartCap soon. The clamps o just don’t like and I have bed rails. Are there any plans to potentially have an extra accessory that replaces clamps?
What's the beef with clamps? Are you just trying to leave your rails open for other accessories? Mine have been bulletproof and I have my bed absolutely loaded (rails, molle panels, tools, medical, extinguisher, propane, hi lift, bed slide, etc.)--no shortage of place to mount stuff and the cap hasn't shifted an inch.

Roughly 3 years on and I'm loving my cap. However you decide to mount it, you definitely won't regret it.

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What's the beef with clamps? Are you just trying to leave your rails open for other accessories? Mine have been bulletproof and I have my bed absolutely loaded (rails, molle panels, tools, medical, extinguisher, propane, hi lift, bed slide, etc.)--no shortage of place to mount stuff and the cap hasn't shifted an inch.

Roughly 3 years on and I'm loving my cap. However you decide to mount it, you definitely won't regret it.
Aesthetics lol. It’s not keeping me from getting one but id prefer a sleeker look. Although with drop slides and storage I probably won’t even see them.
Sponsored