First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland Diesel
Occupation
Self Employed
Did a quick search and couldn’t find a suitable answer to my question, hence yet another thread on Rubicon shocks.

just purchased a diesel Overland and I’d like a little firmer dampening when my trailer is attached.

I’m not looking for lift and I don’t care to replace the rear springs as it sits nearly level with my enclosed motorcycle trailer attached. Just looking for a little less “tail wagging the dog” action when I go by semi trucks on the interstate.

so here’s my question.

are the factory ride height Rubicon Fox shocks set up for firmer dampening than the normal shocks?

found a set of the Fox Rublocal
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
They will be a little firmer but they're still pretty soft esp on the heavier diesel. If you want to firm it up at certain times like towing then look into some adjustable shocks. Teraflex Falcons will get you into 4 adjustable shocks for the cheapest, but it's still $1500

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
They feel about the same as the standard shocks that my max tow came with. If you want a firmer shock I would look at the Bilstein 5100s, only downside to them is they have a steel body that will corrode in areas that use salt.
Sponsored