First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys, I've been surfing this forum for a while (long before I signed up) because I like to research thing to death before I move on them. There is a great wealth of knowledge here and I've been keeping tabs a quite a few rigs on here.

I bought my first 2 door JL in March, I think, but it was more of what my wife wanted. I like it but a month later I bought a Gladiator. I bought the Sport S Max Tow (poor mans shot at a Rubicon??) because I wanted it to be as much a toy to work on as a camping truck. I really like a factory look so this is a mild build so don't get too excited.

The name of the build is because I got a lot of Rubicon take offs and came up on some LE wheels. I'm not clever enough to name my vehicles. Anyway, thank you all for posting your knowledge and experience here so we can all learn from it.

Front.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gunnuts

Gunnuts

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Rubicon rear bumper, rock rails cab and bed, fenders, winch bumper.

Rear bumper install .jpeg

Bed Skids.jpeg

Back bumper on.jpeg

Truck Front.jpeg

Fenders off.jpeg

Front bumper on.jpeg

OP
OP
Gunnuts

Gunnuts

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Installed the aux bank. Not a bad job but it is time consuming. Mopar's wiring directions were also wrong.

Aux switch box.jpeg

Aux switch under hood.jpeg

Aux wire feed.jpeg

Aux switch in panel.jpeg

OP
OP
Gunnuts

Gunnuts

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Picked up NIB Warn 10 off marketplace so the cost difference of swapping in the rope covered my fairlead and flatlink. Working on the install today. There is no room and everything is a PITA. If I would've known It would be like this, I might've picked a different combo. Winch plate is Mopar.

Winch Stuff.jpeg

Reco stuff.jpeg

Starting winch install .jpeg

OP
OP
Gunnuts

Gunnuts

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
LE wheels. Tires are 35x10.5R17 Kenda Klevers. I wanted a taller, skinnier and saw some guys on here preaching about them and I was sold. I just about got someones patigonias off the delivery truck too. Good thing I caught the guy. Someone around here would've been sad.

Launch wheels.jpeg

35s.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gunnuts

Gunnuts

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Gonna take a stab at making my own headliners. I wanted something different.

Headliner mats.jpeg

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Installed the aux bank. Not a bad job but it is time consuming. Mopar's wiring directions were also wrong.

Jeep Gladiator Rubiclone Lunch Addition Headliner mats
Any tips for removing the fenders? Run into any problems?

OP
OP
Gunnuts

Gunnuts

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Headliners... Oh yeah. You have me interested, love to see how you do this and the end result.
Still looking for the right boards. Looked at the typical foam board insulation that a lot of DIYers use. Didn't really like that. Any suggestions?

Sponsored

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Still looking for the right boards. Looked at the typical foam board insulation that a lot of DIYers use. Didn't really like that. Any suggestions?
Wish I could help you. At a loss here, but thinking that shiny flexible space age insulation might be paired with some type of thin plastic board and then covered with some type of felt looking material. I dunno, I'll search this topic.

OP
OP
Gunnuts

Gunnuts

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Any tips for removing the fenders? Run into any problems?
Do it as few times as possible haha. The backs can be taken off pretty easily. Pry as many of the white keepers starting at the back as possible, especially down low. Give them a quick jerk straight out and they pop right off. If you're gonna do it, order some keepers first. You'll break a few. The fronts are more stubborn. You can't really pry them out (from the back). Get the ones you can reach. Work the front and the back of the fender and go with the side that lets go. Don't get frustrated and beat the shat out of it. You'll break the back lower fender webbing......I did. Just glued it and it's fine. I did find it a lot easier to remove the fender/liner to do the aux bank and it eliminates a couple steps.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
OP
OP
Gunnuts

Gunnuts

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
Gunnuts

Gunnuts

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Finished the install today. Now to sift through the messy garage and find the bolts for the top of the bumper. Still need to decide on a license plate holder. This is my first winch install and there's a lot I'm learning along the way. It isn't wireless (that's what I'd like though) and I haven't wired it to the cabin. I've seen a few of these setups on the forum and it looks a lot better with a bar over the top so I suppose I'll have to figure out what height I want.
Also put the Taser mini in.

Winch in front.jpeg

Winch in top.jpeg
Sponsored