Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hi All,

While I wait to see if I am going to have any more of the P0300 check engine light action, I am trying to decide on a lift for my Gladiator Rubicon. I want to stick with 35" tires. I am trying to decide b/w Metalcloak 3.5" Game Changer and Clayton 2.5" Overland Plus lift.

Two questions:

1. Will it look dumb with the 3.5" lift and 35's with the taller Rubicon fenders? I like that the Metalcloak lift comes with shocks, front drive shaft and all. I don't want to do 37's right now.

2. If I do the Clayton 2.5" Overland kit, I would definitely add shocks; should I also add a front drive shaft to this kit if I go this route?

Seems these two are pretty close in cost after I add the extra's to the Clayton set up.

-Chris
Sponsored

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
If your shocks extend beyond 28”, you will need a front driveshaft. MC Rocksports are 30”... Fox 4.5-6 equivalent.

I would do MC 3.5 for 35’s as the Clayton 2.5 is taller than MC. You can also do lightweight 37’s like Cooper AT3 ATX at 68lbs...Its lighter than some 35’s.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just our opinion, if you're only looking to run 35's I would definitely recommend going with a 2.5" kit, unless your plan is to prepare for the future for even larger tires. Especially on a Rubicon model JT, any 2.5" kit should be able to clear 37's no problem, and a 3.5" kit sometimes up to 39's. I think if you want something that looks a little bit more proportionate, go with the 2.5" kit!

Also, front driveshafts are always recommended if you plan on taking the vehicle off-road and flexing it out, however, it is even more necessary on a 3.5" kit than a 2.5" kit. If you primarily plan on keeping the vehicle on road or at least at first, you don't have to worry about upgrading your driveshaft right away.

Hopefully this helps!

OP
OP
cmwilson7

cmwilson7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thank you both for the replies! Nice to see the manufacturer reply too!

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Hi All,

While I wait to see if I am going to have any more of the P0300 check engine light action, I am trying to decide on a lift for my Gladiator Rubicon. I want to stick with 35" tires. I am trying to decide b/w Metalcloak 3.5" Game Changer and Clayton 2.5" Overland Plus lift.

Two questions:

1. Will it look dumb with the 3.5" lift and 35's with the taller Rubicon fenders? I like that the Metalcloak lift comes with shocks, front drive shaft and all. I don't want to do 37's right now.

2. If I do the Clayton 2.5" Overland kit, I would definitely add shocks; should I also add a front drive shaft to this kit if I go this route?

Seems these two are pretty close in cost after I add the extra's to the Clayton set up.

-Chris
I don't know if you will like a 3.5" lift with 35's...I have 35's on my stock Rubi suspension and MC Overland fenders and I have a TON of room. I want their lift, but I think my 35's will look way too small after a lift, but I don't want to run 37's with my manual transmission without regearing and so I am waiting until I am ready to commit and extra $2000+ to a MC Game Changer lift.