Sponsored

Rubicon Fender Flare Take-Offs Install Journey and Important Discovery!

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
what caused the gap between the edge of the grille surround and your flares?
I juts picked up a set of 4 rubicon take off flares for my S max tow. The rubicon it came off of also had the halogen DRL, so all of that looks the same.

I am going to have to source some of the clips and rivets though and figure out how those rivets go. I was looking at some of them that came off the take off's and it appears that some of the rivet bodies are different than the others, with some being shorter?

Anyone have a good place to source what I need??
Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
what caused the gap between the edge of the grille surround and your flares?
I juts picked up a set of 4 rubicon take off flares for my S max tow. The rubicon it came off of also had the halogen DRL, so all of that looks the same.

I am going to have to source some of the clips and rivets though and figure out how those rivets go. I was looking at some of them that came off the take off's and it appears that some of the rivet bodies are different than the others, with some being shorter?

Anyone have a good place to source what I need??
These flares were from a Rubicon with the factory LEDs so the mounting bracket for the turn signals was different despite them fitting shape-wise

Best place for the pushpins and rivets was JeepHut, liners is through the dealer as you wont pay the $200 shipping freight costs by buying from one of the "mopar parts" websites

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
I am going to have to source some of the clips and rivets though and figure out how those rivets go
If there is a Harbor Freight Tools near you, check there for the rivets. They have a rivet gun with plastic rivets that are identical to the factory rivets, and I think the whole kit is about $15 if I remember correctly. I also recall Amazon being the best source for the clips, with some pretty dramatic price differences between sellers. I bought the least expensive I could find, and the were exactly like the OEM's.

Edit: Found a link;

Hand Riveter with 40 Industrial Strength Poly Rivets (harborfreight.com)

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
If there is a Harbor Freight Tools near you, check there for the rivets. They have a rivet gun with plastic rivets that are identical to the factory rivets, and I think the whole kit is about $15 if I remember correctly. I also recall Amazon being the best source for the clips, with some pretty dramatic price differences between sellers. I bought the least expensive I could find, and the were exactly like the OEM's.

Edit: Found a link;

Hand Riveter with 40 Industrial Strength Poly Rivets (harborfreight.com)
Thanks. Ill have to make a run by there.
Sponsored