Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
If you put larger tires and/or aftermarket wheels on, you need the flare extensions to pass inspection, and not get pulled over. At least in my state. All the aftermarket wheels are +25 to 0 offset at best (without even getting into the wild negative offsets), so they stick out without the flare extensions.
So for me, it's entirely for legal purposes, otherwise, I'd leave it alone.
Man I'll give you that. I am a police officer myself and I can tell you I have never been worried about that nor will I. I've never wrote a citation for anything even close to that. That's super petty. Maybe its because I work/live in the city and deal with high crime. I guess in some places LE get's bored and you take what you can get.

That may be the exception and I can understand maybe YOUR reasoning. But like I said, a lot of mods similar to these are often pointless and we Jeepers often just do stuff to do it. I'm sure a lot of others can't honestly say the same. More like, "Let's buy wheels that poke out past the fenders, then get fender extentions the get rid of the poke I just acheived"

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Man I'll give you that. I am a police officer myself and I can tell you I have never been worried about that nor will I. I've never wrote a citation for anything even close to that. That's super petty. Maybe its because I work/live in the city and deal with high crime. I guess in some places LE get's bored and you take what you can get.

That may be the exception and I can understand maybe YOUR reasoning. But like I said, a lot of mods similar to these are often pointless and we Jeepers often just do stuff to do it.
Yes, I live kind of nowhere. No real crime here (thank God).
But yearly inspections are the bigger issue. If I still lived in Maryland, I wouldn't worry about it. No inspections other than at change of ownership there.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I ordered them from mopar online parts got them to day but it’s pouring so I did not get to install them
But here is a dumb question the existing fenders flares that these are added to are held on by ? Are those rivets ? Or Alan head nuts? If they are rivets. How do I get them out and bacj in? Thanks

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
I ordered them from mopar online parts got them to day but it’s pouring so I did not get to install them
But here is a dumb question the existing fenders flares that these are added to are held on by ? Are those rivets ? Or Alan head nuts? If they are rivets. How do I get them out and bacj in? Thanks
They are plastic rivets and require a special tool. I bought mine at Harbor Freight (see link below) because there's one close to my house and everything was in stock. I got the tool and extra rivets (also available at HF). The rivets don't match the stock rivets in appearance exactly, but once installed, you can't tell.

If I recall, the front extensions matched all of the factory rivet holes, but the back did not. Also, the back extensions do not match the contours as well as the fronts. They are very close and you can't tell once installed, but they seem to be slightly different. All and all, I'm very happy with the looks. Also, they (in combination with the WeatherTech front mud flaps) keep a lot of road spray off the truck .

Here's a link to my thread with pics:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/thoughts-questions-concerns.61178/

I attached photos with before and after from approximately the same angle.

Before:
Jeep Gladiator Fender flare extensions? 20220711_144907

After:
Jeep Gladiator Fender flare extensions? 20220724_192303

Rivet Tool:
https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-...3lp4E4paMx7_EW9wrwGk4gatFyZ7tEahoCz5YQAvD_BwE

Sponsored

TestMule

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Director
How much coverage, in inches, from the fender do these provide?

Thanks!

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
I recall seeing some that are a molded rubber that stick ok. Come in 2 different sizes. I don't have trem or any other ones and my wheels are 0 offset so they do stick out some. My tires keep the body away from stuff. I see that the new 392s come with the extensions.

Viper501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sting Gray Mojave; 2020 Mercedes GLE
Occupation
Ninja
What are the size of the rivets?