Thoughts, Questions, Concerns?

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
After a month of winter driving last year I added the WeatherTech mud flaps (front and rear) to help eliminate some of the rock chips on the rear fenders, and to keep the truck a little cleaner. I installed the fronts, but I never installed the rears because I didn't care for the looks and didn't think they would help with the original problem. That seemed to help.

Recently, for looks, I ordered/installed the the Mopar Jeep Wrangler 392 splash guards and added them to the arsenal. I like the splash guards, but don't know if I need or like the look of the combo with the mud flaps. I believe the combination of Mopar splash guards and Rockslide Engineering sliders would protect the rear fenders and reduce road spray on the doors without the mud flaps, but can't decide whether to delete the flaps. I rarely ask for opinions because, well we all know, but I thought this might elicit different thoughts and ideas. Since I've built my truck with the help of this forum, I thought I'd throw it out there and ask what you think.

I appreciate you input.

20220720_184848.jpg

20220720_184819.jpg

20220720_184751.jpg

20220720_184734.jpg
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Unless the look really bothers you, I would just leave them. The mud flaps and splash guards provide different levels of protection. I would not have added the splash guards, but I'm running stock tires that do not stick out past the fenders. I just have the Mopar mud flaps for front and rear.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Im liking the look. I did the same thing on the Weathertech, added the fronts, I have the ACE Eng rock sliders, and between the two keeps the sides fairly protected. The rear Weathertechs look like crap in my opinion. Especially running wide tires, those fender add-ons would keep things good.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im liking the look. I did the same thing on the Weathertech, added the fronts, I have the ICE Eng rock sliders, and between the two keeps the sides fairly protected. The rear Weathertechs look like crap in my opinion. Especially running wide tires, those fender add-ons would keep things good.
Thanks for the feedback.

Just and FYI to anyone adding the Mopar extensions, you have to re-drill the rear to match the Gladiator plastic rivet locations, but otherwise it's and easy install. The fronts match exactly.

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
The only thing I might do is a little finessing to get the transition from splash guard to mud flap a bit more polished...Other than that I would worry too much

OP
OP

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing I might do is a little finessing to get the transition from splash guard to mud flap a bit more polished...Other than that I would worry too much
I thought the same. Ideally I'd like the flaps to kick out a bit more on the bottom, but it will require elongating the screw holes and I haven't convinced myself that it's worth the risk yet. Thanks for the imput!
Sponsored