Sponsored

Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
We don't. The fronts don't go flush with the bottom. The fronts on the rear fenders will with modification.
Thanks. I see several posts in this thread making reference to “keeping the front stock” and “didn’t want the front flush because I’m gonna install mud flaps”. I guess there’s a way to flush the fronts with the bottom of the fender but my brain couldn’t figure it out being 6 beers in at 11pm at night.
Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR-HVY 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. I see several posts in this thread making reference to “keeping the front stock” and “didn’t want the front flush because I’m gonna install mud flaps”. I guess there’s a way to flush the fronts with the bottom of the fender but my brain couldn’t figure it out being 6 beers in at 11pm at night.
Where there's a will!!

Lol

OP
OP
Rkowalski

Rkowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Overland
Just read through the original threads and you will see pics/instrx. Basically you will cut a "V" out of the recon extensions in the area where you want to bend the extension to match the curvature of the fender. You can make the extensions line up with the bottom of the fender if you like that look(I did it that way). If you do, you will end up drilling new holes in the extension and fender so that you can attach it securely. It's all very doable just requires a little patience. Good luck

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I got it done!

Sponsored

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Ok, so planning to order these for my23 JTRD
  • 68536653AA - Front Left X2
  • 68536652AA - Front Right X2
Anyone have a prt number for the rear so I can do the same for the wifes' 21 JLURD ?

THANKS

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rkowalski

Rkowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Overland
the mopar version uses the same plastic finish that you find on the rest of the vehicle (fenders, bumpers, etc). For $850 you get the aussie's version of mopar plastic and a huge poke in the eye

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
Just ordered mine today. Where does the cut out for the rear go exactly? Is it obvious?

Viper501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sting Gray Mojave; 2020 Mercedes GLE
Occupation
Ninja
Finally got around to installing my double pair of fronts today. I used different rivets than the OP thought they came off of Amazon as well. Learned a few things in the process that I thought I would share as PSAs and took a bunch of photos since I had some questions I think could have been answered with the photos. I’m going to try to explain this as I go and hopefully not get out of order.

First, the rivets. They are for Chrysler products. They have a larger diameter head than stock which I actually liked since that means a tiny bit more surface area. I bought the rivets off of Amazon and assumed, mistakenly, that one of the several rivet tools I already had would work with them. Nope. The shaft of the pin is too large on the plastic rivets to use any of the ones I already had. I had to go buy the weird looking rivet gun that everyone seems to be using. It is a POS in my opinion. I managed to make it work but it was not what I would call easy nor high quality.

Jeep Gladiator Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled IMG_8026

Jeep Gladiator Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled IMG_8008

I used a small drill bit to drill out just the center of the existing OEM rivets. Once they were drilled it was easy to pull the remainder out and discard.

Jeep Gladiator Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled IMG_8018

Jeep Gladiator Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled IMG_8020
Sponsored