Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is looking for a fun challenge this morning, could someone please find the part number for the rear quarter rock slider that comes on the Rubicon gladiator models? I'm specifically looking for the reinforcement that's on the bottom of the bed on the side behind the rear tire. I don't see the part in the Mopar Performance Catalog or in the exploded views when looking for Mopar replacement parts.
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Rear Quarter Rock Slider glady_slider.JPG

I've been looking for something similar aftermarket for my Sport and most that I've found have been more than I need with steps built-in. I'd like to see if the Mopar part is more or less than the DV8 bedside sliders. For those that have rubicons, does this part seem strong enough to prevent bed damage if you slid/rolled off a rock with the rear tires? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Cart Details
Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
68343195AB​
Box Sill, Left​
$147.06​
1​
$147.06​
68343194AB​
Box Sill, Right​
$147.06​
1​
$147.06​
68356519AA​
Bumper To Frame Rail Bracket, Left​
$68.63​
1​
$68.63​
68356518AA​
Bumper To Frame Rail Bracket, Right​
$68.63​
1​
$68.63​
6512870AA​
Hex Head Tapping Screw & Washer​
$0.80​
14​
$11.20​

if you don't have them you will need this list..

OP
OP
pluikens

pluikens

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Cart Details
Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
68343195AB​
Box Sill, Left​
$147.06​
1​
$147.06​
68343194AB​
Box Sill, Right​
$147.06​
1​
$147.06​
68356519AA​
Bumper To Frame Rail Bracket, Left​
$68.63​
1​
$68.63​
68356518AA​
Bumper To Frame Rail Bracket, Right​
$68.63​
1​
$68.63​
6512870AA​
Hex Head Tapping Screw & Washer​
$0.80​
14​
$11.20​

if you don't have them you will need this list..
Winner winner! Thank you!

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
MetalCloak and Rusty’s both make substitutes for them that are probably stronger then the factory ones.

The dv8 ones I don’t think have any actual support to the frame so if you come down on them you probably still messing up sheet metal.

Also the factory ones are meant to tie into the factory steel bumper do I’m not sure if you would have to do any massaging for figment if you have a aftermarket rear bumper

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
The DV-8 models do tie into the frame and have a 1/2” thick plate on bottom to slilde on,but I am not too sure they will protect the factory bumper, Jack

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
@MCATDT interested to read what your thoughts are about these.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I’m not familiar with those at all. I’m wondering what the bracket at the end is for. Wondering what that’s meant to tie into
I will definitely let you know once I get these installed. The Gladiator is currently at the dealer as they work to resolve an issue they caused while installing my sliders....May be a week or so

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will definitely let you know once I get these installed. The Gladiator is currently at the dealer as they work to resolve an issue they caused while installing my sliders....May be a week or so
Ouch. Are you using aftermarket or stock plastic rear bumper now? My first time out my plastic rear bumper was trashed. Ended up buying rubicon take off rear bumper with the side protection sliders used for it until I find an aftermarket that can do a better job for the departure angle

Sponsored

OP
OP
pluikens

pluikens

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Feel free to post your experience with those sliders here. They may be just the thing as a Rubi replacement.

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I finally got the Gladiator back from the dealer and was able to install the aftermarket rear sliders. Overall I am impressed with the quality and the look. They are 1/3 the price of the Mopar ones and I like them better. The packaging was solid and they arrived in perfect condition. Instructions aren't the best and it would have been nice if the parts were marked left and right but that's really nitpicking. Once installed they are very solid and will definitely protect that rear area as well as helping the protect the bumper. They mount to the frame and into the rear bumper to create 2 solid points of contact...and you do not need to have a hitch in order to install these. They stick out just a bit further than the Rubicon factory ones which I like; so they can be used as a small step. The install was pretty easy but you are required to cut out a section of the rear bumper on each side in order to mount the slider into the rear bumper. Everything needed is in the box including 2 pieces of slip-on molding to give the cut bumper a nice clean look.Other than the cutting the install was very easy, just wrenches. I highly recommend these if your in the market and don't have the need for the factory units. Other than the sliders themselves the mounting hardware does not negatively impact any clearance concerns for offroad use. Here are some pictures.
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Rear Quarter Rock Slider IMG_8210
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Rear Quarter Rock Slider IMG_8212
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Rear Quarter Rock Slider IMG_8213
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Rear Quarter Rock Slider IMG_8215
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Rear Quarter Rock Slider IMG_8216
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Rear Quarter Rock Slider IMG_8217

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I finally got the Gladiator back from the dealer and was able to install the aftermarket rear sliders. Overall I am impressed with the quality and the look. They are 1/3 the price of the Mopar ones and I like them better. The packaging was solid and they arrived in perfect condition. Instructions aren't the best and it would have been nice if the parts were marked left and right but that's really nitpicking. Once installed they are very solid and will definitely protect that rear area as well as helping the protect the bumper. They mount to the frame and into the rear bumper to create 2 solid points of contact...and you do not need to have a hitch in order to install these. They stick out just a bit further than the Rubicon factory ones which I like; so they can be used as a small step. The install was pretty easy but you are required to cut out a section of the rear bumper on each side in order to mount the slider into the rear bumper. Everything needed is in the box including 2 pieces of slip-on molding to give the cut bumper a nice clean look.Other than the cutting the install was very easy, just wrenches. I highly recommend these if your in the market and don't have the need for the factory units. Other than the sliders themselves the mounting hardware does not negatively impact any clearance concerns for offroad use. Here are some pictures.
Those look great! might have to get me some.... especially for that price

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for sharing, I really do like those and seems like a simple install too. Love being able to use them as a step for the bed!
Sponsored